VODACOM/HOMEMARK SCAM

flarkit

Executive Member
Good on you for proving that it is possible to sort a mess like this out, to the consumer's satisfaction

Still pretty pissed at Vodacom for giving them my details.
This. P!sses. Me. Off!!!!

Vodacom will tell you that they did not give out your details to a 3rd party, but they're a bunch of filthy liars! They should just TRY that after the CPA comes into effect...

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Try look for the SMS spam thread - there is a link I posted in there that allows you to add your details to a marketing opt out database. Not sure how effective it is, but it could help.

Glad it was sorted out. They have to use terminology like unclear because if they said "our consultant lied through his @rse to get you to say yes", you would sue them in a heartbeat.

R13...

Honorary Master
They listened to the recording and agree that it is unclear, actually it's obvious that I didn't concent, but point is I'm getting my money back and the contract is cancelled. Should've billed them for my time as well.

It's not Homemart, but AFRIZON Telecommunications. Still pretty pissed at Vodacom for giving them my details.

Cheers
I love it when a plan comes together, thanks to MyBB...

McGuywer

Executive Member
They listened to the recording and agree that it is unclear, actually it's obvious that I didn't concent, but point is I'm getting my money back and the contract is cancelled. Should've billed them for my time as well.

It's not Homemart, but AFRIZON Telecommunications. Still pretty pissed at Vodacom for giving them my details.

Cheers
I know this thread is old but I just got a call from Afrizon

The guy started offering me a contract. I asked him if they were registered with the DMA. He said yes.
I asked him how can he still contact me when I asked not to be called.
How can Vodacom give client's details away?
Any one with know how in the industry care to enlighten me?

Batista

Executive Member

The guy started offering me a contract. I asked him if they were registered with the DMA. He said yes.
Because they dont give a flying ffff.My name is also on the do no contact list, still get called, but alot less than usual.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

http://www.dmasa.org/members/

Unable to locate them with search, not even trading as. Maybe their trading name not listed, wonder if there is a parent company. Anyone know how to search CIPC to get more info on this company?

http://afrizon.co.za/Content.aspx?id=9

Maybe mail them and complain and ask more questions. Maybe you can complain to Vodacom too, since Vodacom are DMA members.

yebocan

Executive Member
...Doll,nothing, but nothing in this life is free....

Sweet gods, I am speaking to the dead.. who is going around resurrecting the dead...:D

Last edited:

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Total Recall app on my S2 records all my calls, with the option of saving or not after the call has ended.

Been telling companies right after their 'I have to inform you all calls are recorded' .. same here, do you in fact acknowledge for the record that I have informed you that my calls are recorded too, and may be used to validate the accuracy of information you provide me over the phone?

:cool:

Sydwayz

Haven't read on the comments on here but according to the CPA, telemarketers are not allowed to use the term free. The contract may include a phone, and may include airtime but the telemarketer needs to specify inclusive and not free.

Celine

Executive Member
...Doll,nothing, but nothing in this life is free....

Sweet gods, I am speaking to the dead.. who is going around resurrecting the dead...:D
you obviously haven't read this thread properly have you? it's about vodacom giving their clients details to a scrupulous company and that company trying to con people.

Tshianeo

I have a problem with homemark, processing a cell phone contract without my concent on my Vodacom account , I have been calling them since Monday to remove the CODE on Vodacom account because I want to make new contract but I can't because of Homemark, someone processes the order, I have wasted lot money on overtime to contact them since Monday till today, no responds, I was told they will contact me but nothing

Rabobi

Executive Member
I have a problem with homemark, processing a cell phone contract without my concent on my Vodacom account , I have been calling them since Monday to remove the CODE on Vodacom account because I want to make new contract but I can't because of Homemark, someone processes the order, I have wasted lot money on overtime to contact them since Monday till today, no responds, I was told they will contact me but nothing
WAT?!?!?!?