[Vodacom] MMS settings and costs

CathJ

Expert Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
10
Location
Cape Town
Does anyone have the MMS settings for VC? My phone isn't on their OTA list, so I need to set it up manually.

Also, though - I hear that MMS works over GPRS, so do I pay OOB rates (or equivalently, does it come out of my bundle, if I have one) if I receive an MMS?
 
Proxy IP: 196.006.128.013 or 196.006.128.006 on Port 8080. APN: mms.vodacom.net. Server Address: http://mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za

Regarding the costs, i would also like to know that. Sometime ago someone from Customer Care told me its 80Cents per 300Kilobytes. Does it come off your bundle if you have one?
 
MMS's are charged at the same rate as an SMS and don't come of your data bundle.

However, I've seen this up to 300KB thing as well, so the question is what happens if your MMS is larger than 300KB? Maybe it's treated as 2 MMS's or at data rate. The former makes more sense, but I need to find out.
 
What happened to the days where MMS's were R2 flat out No matter how big the size? MTN still has that i think. Havent sent an MMS using my MTN SIM though in a long time.
 
I'm glad that MMS's aren't using a flat rate, it would be painfully expensive for people who tend to MMS only one 98Kb picture per MMS.

I've recently seen that they moved the data limit to 300Kb, and as far as I know when you go over that amount, it will be part of your second MMS data limit, in essence being 2 MMS's.
 
I'm glad that MMS's aren't using a flat rate, it would be painfully expensive for people who tend to MMS only one 98Kb picture per MMS.

I've recently seen that they moved the data limit to 300Kb, and as far as I know when you go over that amount, it will be part of your second MMS data limit, in essence being 2 MMS's.


Really? Where did you hear that? I doubt we can send 500kb pics regardless of pirce.
 
Proxy IP: 196.006.128.013 or 196.006.128.006 on Port 8080. APN: mms.vodacom.net. Server Address: http://mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za

Thanks. Why vodacom can't just put that on their website, or mail it to you when you ask, I don't know. Customer Service keeps insisting that they have to know my phone number and phone model to be able to send me the settings; I keep telling them that they can just email me the settings since my phone won't accept them OTA. They don't seem to be able to understand this, and say that each type of phone needs its own settings!

Thank goodness for this forum.
 
Did the settings work though? Are you able to send MMS's now? Those are the settings i use for when customers come in for the MMS. It always works.

There were even times when i sent for the OTA(Both MMS and GPRS), and got fed up waiting and started putting in the settings manually. Then it worked. THEN only the OTA would come through...
 
have a client that ported from vodacom to mtn and ever since that she is not able to send mms,she can get mms from everyone but not send this issues has now been coming along for months and still no positive result. The sp as well as the relevant networks have still not been able to resolve this issue!
Any one have ideas to get the client sorted out.
 
ok so i have another one have a client on mtn and he is not able to send sms again,he can receive but not send,again sp and network is involved and the result is the same not working we have done settings sim swops and whatever else still client cannot send sms,now this is coming on more than a year and the client is a doctor.
Help here urgently needed or pointed in the rite direction.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X