• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Vodacom More Data Packages are not actually available

gifs

Expert Member
Has anyone tried upgrading to a Vodacom Smart or uChoose More Data package? They advertise it on their site and there was some articles on these packages on mybroadband, but if you try to take out a contract they tell you it is only available with an iPhone XS.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/154476-new-vodacom-smart-more-data-contracts-launched.html

This was the only vodacom contract that makes sense to me, so I guess I will have to wait out my contract for a couple more months and then switch to someone else.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I have noticed that the only one available on my dealsheets are the More Data 10GIG. There used to be a 2GB, 4GB and a 6GB also.

gifs

Expert Member
These More data packages seem to be available now.

A different question, can you make and receive calls on a Data Topup price plan if you load air time? You can get a 2GB data contract for R109, per month. Even paying R2 per minute for calls, 50 mins will ad R100 for a total of R209 per month, much cheaper than the uChoose More Data package at R319 per month.