Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryanston is back up as well:

Download Speed: 953 kbps (119.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 310 kbps (38.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
 
No 3g signal in Moreleta Park, Pretoria, this morning, only GPRS.

Terrible!! :mad::(
Was like that since last night, this morning was just as bad. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon!

ADSL, ADSL, where art though? (I'm stuffed, Helkom does not offer ADSL in our valley just yet, newly built area).
 
I am really disgusted in vodacom. My HSDPA connection has been utterly useless for the last two weeks and i cant play any online games. I even tried phoning helpdesk who at first sounded like they are gonna look into the problem but everyone that phoned me asked me to do tests for them. AM I THE ISP? Why must I test anything for them. They got my address, why cant they get off their lazy buts and come and test this out? I am so sick of this. :mad::mad::mad:
 
major connectivity issues - claremont, cape town

Hi guys i'm experiencing connection drops every 10 minutes, connection freeze ups etc etc, anybody else having problems the last few days?

huawei 220 usb modem

E220Update_11.110.05.00.00(3.6M Vista)
VMCLite_E220_2.2.2.1_standard

:mad:
 
I am really disgusted in vodacom. My HSDPA connection has been utterly useless for the last two weeks and i cant play any online games. I even tried phoning helpdesk who at first sounded like they are gonna look into the problem but everyone that phoned me asked me to do tests for them. AM I THE ISP? Why must I test anything for them. They got my address, why cant they get off their lazy buts and come and test this out? I am so sick of this. :mad::mad::mad:

It is much cheaper to use us.
A byte for a byte, I would suggest, then will do anything for them
:cool:
 
What is going on today with 3g? Seems I am also stuck with GPRS speeds even though it says I have a 3G signal ..... Vodacom .... woz happening????????
 
Do we pay for 3G or 2G or is it part of the deal (Free)

I am going to complain:-
1) Coz I am paying
2) Coz I can
3) I am also a enduser that is getting a degraded service which I pay for, believe it or not.

Everyday it is a "mogge troffe" kind of thing to get a workable connection. :mad: :eek:
 
I'm in Joburg, opposite Wanderers Stadium and the service seems extremeely slow.
Last 24 hours Last 7 days
Number of tests 6 24
Download speed 304.78 KBits/sec
38.10 KBytes/sec 300.04 KBits/sec
37.51 KBytes/sec
Upload speed 153.22 KBits/sec
19.15 KBytes/sec 155.64 KBits/sec
19.46 KBytes/sec
DNS Speed 1041.00 mSec 1178.00 mSec
Latency 0.00 mSec 0.00 mSec

Is this good or bad? It has been a pain using my laptop this week. yesterday I simply connected to the company server, which is normally much slower
At home in Halfway House this morning, I got the kind of speeds I expect
What is DNS and Latency? I see on my history both are decreasing; is this good?
 
The best i can get from VC EDGE is:

GamCo speedtest.
Your current bandwidth reading is:
40.00kbps

which means you can download at 5 KB/sec. from our servers.
 
internetvpn seems to be messed up again today. Can't connect to it, but internet APN is fine
 
Third day in a row 3G is not working. Can connect and everything but data only comes through in bursts every now and then. gprs is working fine. Can someone check if some equipment didn't come loose during the recent winds around the Dalview area.
 
It would help if you put it in your location info:)
Err... and get asked where it is? :confused: Imho actually one of the less "useful" features for anything except telling the world "here I am come get me". :p Much more useful for country info rather than pin point locations.
 
Last edited:
Brakpan? Tech guys should know where it is...

There are a large number of 'Tech guys' around the country.

If I've got no clue where a place is, where do I send it? For sure I'm not going to mail a few hundred people to ask them if "Dullview" is in their region. They're flooded enough as it is....

There's a thread somewhere with the info required bofore I escalate a call.
 
There are a large number of 'Tech guys' around the country.

If I've got no clue where a place is, where do I send it? For sure I'm not going to mail a few hundred people to ask them if "Dullview" is in their region. They're flooded enough as it is....

There's a thread somewhere with the info required bofore I escalate a call.
I would think that in a company the size of Vodacom there must somewhere be a centralised department equipped with an ingenious invention more commonly known as a map handling the technical issues.

I guess this also begs the question of exactly what is too much information. Be too general and nobody knows where to look for a fault. Be too specific and, well, nobody knows where to look for a fault. :rolleyes: Could possibly look up the tower on my cell but that itself could actually take longer than fixing the fault.
 
I would think that in a company the size of Vodacom there must somewhere be a centralised department equipped with an ingenious invention more commonly known as a map handling the technical issues.

I guess this also begs the question of exactly what is too much information. Be too general and nobody knows where to look for a fault. Be too specific and, well, nobody knows where to look for a fault. :rolleyes: Could possibly look up the tower on my cell but that itself could actually take longer than fixing the fault.

How many towers do you think there are in 'Brakpan' or even 'Dalview'? :rolleyes:

To which one do I send the techies, if you refuse to give a detailed address?
(If you don't know your physical address, ask your mom. ;))

Tell you what, why don't you come in visit me in Plattekloof, Cape Town? I'm sure you'll be able to find me with just that info. You obviously have one of those "ingenious inventions more commonly known as a map" that allows you to find a specific house by just looking at a suburb name.. ..:rolleyes:
 
How many towers do you think there are in 'Brakpan' or even 'Dalview'? :rolleyes:

To which one do I send the techies, if you refuse to give a detailed address?
(If you don't know your physical address, ask your mom. ;))

Tell you what, why don't you come in visit me in Plattekloof, Cape Town? I'm sure you'll be able to find me with just that info. You obviously have one of those "ingenious inventions more commonly known as a map" that allows you to find a specific house by just looking at a suburb name.. ..:rolleyes:
If you want a street address I can give you one. I don't see what if any difference that would make when that is not where the tower is and I can be (and are) using any one of 3 towers that could be located in Timbuktu for all I know. Now it's not my job to troubleshoot Vodacom's network but I have done so nontheless and managed to pull 2 cell IDs, 14273 (Dalview-3) that seems to be giving most of the problems) and 14278 that seems to work. This should be of much more use.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X