Vodacom rep - Fibre?

Pitbull

Verboten
Morning guys,

I got so annoyed this morning speaking to a Mphume I felt like leaving this fibre thing all together...

Vodacom sends me an e-mail with a sales order number. I need to click on it and confirm an installation date and time that suits me. I do all that on the website it then brings me to the actual page to select a date and time. Everything is greyed out. I phone, and Mphume tells me the website is faulty, the installation guys will call me to make an appointment.

It doesn't make sense to me, how will Vodacom know I'm ok with the installation and they can call me to make an appointment? Why send me the e-mail to begin with?

Please can a Vodacom rep PM me so I can see what the way forward is? If I need to call 082 1904 once more, I might just leave this completely...

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
It's now the 21st.

I have made numerous calls to Vodacom even booked at appointment online and never heard a peep from Vodacom...
After about the 4th call to Vodacom on 0821904, I have now received a SR number.

Fark me, this is soooo painful. Actually wondering if I should just wait for the other ISPs to get on the network and not go with Vodacom. It's been a month almost...

surface

Executive Member
seems normal for vodacom reps. I received a call last month and guy was very enthusiastic about ISP services and took down my details. Never heard from him again. I contacted rocketnet last week and hoping to get ONT & router today..

WCITS

I am new on the Forum but would suggest using a different ISP, I have Vodacom Fibre 50down 50 up and my true down speed is hovering at 1mbps although up stays at between 30 and 40mbps. Trying to get assistance from Vodacom to sort out the issue is like pulling teeth.

STORMERSFAN

I am new on the Forum but would suggest using a different ISP, I have Vodacom Fibre 50down 50 up and my true down speed is hovering at 1mbps although up stays at between 30 and 40mbps. Trying to get assistance from Vodacom to sort out the issue is like pulling teeth.
Move to cool ideas!!

WCITS

You are not the first person to mention Cool Ideas, thanks ! Just sent them a message on their website. Lets see what transpires.

KWK1

Stay away from Vodacom I tried from 21 Dec to activate my LTE sim for the month free, an impossible mission

Pitbull

Verboten
@jannievanzyl @rpm

Morning Jannie,

I really need your help. I've now been struggling with this fibre installation now for way over a month. From my understanding you guys are using contractors for the implementation and then the last mile connectivity. Today is the 3rd time an appointment is made by these contractors and they just don't pitch and come up with various excuses. Again, I took a day of after confirming with the installers that they will be here today ay 10:00, 3 times, yes THREE times.

10:30 I phone them just to be told all their installers has been sent to Polokwane and they will need to reschedule. This is the third time I had to take a day off work and they are not pitching. If they at least had the curtesy to let me know on Friday then I would not have taken off once again. I'm reaching a point now where I'm on the brink of having our whole estate cancel their installations and the 140 houses will make the fibre roll-out nothing but a massive expense. Our whole estate are having the exact same issue.

You are the only person I know at Vodacom that can maybe help us. The rollout is complete, we just need the last mile connections to the homes. I'm not going to name and shame them at the time being but will gladly share the contractor's details with yourself. You are welcome to PM me for the details, please I'm very desperate here...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Funnily enough - I initially signed up with fibre from Vodacom - before it became available, never heard from them again.

Pitbull

Verboten
Funnily enough - I initially signed up with fibre from Vodacom - before it became available, never heard from them again.
It's this subcontractor shyte...

I'm at the end of my rope. After telling them I have now had enough, all of a sudden they are sending someone from Centurion who will be here by 12:00... I'll believe it when I see it...

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
@jannievanzyl @rpm

Morning Jannie,

I really need your help. I've now been struggling with this fibre installation now for way over a month. From my understanding you guys are using contractors for the implementation and then the last mile connectivity. Today is the 3rd time an appointment is made by these contractors and they just don't pitch and come up with various excuses. Again, I took a day of after confirming with the installers that they will be here today ay 10:00, 3 times, yes THREE times.

10:30 I phone them just to be told all their installers has been sent to Polokwane and they will need to reschedule. This is the third time I had to take a day off work and they are not pitching. If they at least had the curtesy to let me know on Friday then I would not have taken off once again. I'm reaching a point now where I'm on the brink of having our whole estate cancel their installations and the 140 houses will make the fibre roll-out nothing but a massive expense. Our whole estate are having the exact same issue.

You are the only person I know at Vodacom that can maybe help us. The rollout is complete, we just need the last mile connections to the homes. I'm not going to name and shame them at the time being but will gladly share the contractor's details with yourself. You are welcome to PM me for the details, please I'm very desperate here...
I'll drop you a PM so we can get this sorted.

Thanks for making contact.

Henry.de.kock

No they are not yet open access. I would just like to know how are their service, network uptime etc. Read their FUP and doesnt seem too bad, only problem I have is the fact that they wont give you the username and password for the CPE as they state they will manage it..... makes me hesitate to sign, but hey they are the only ones coming to Secunda so will have to wait and see.

@Pitbull who is the subcontractors in your area? We have 3Xcom, so hope it is not the same so we will have the same issue...

Pitbull

Verboten
No they are not yet open access. I would just like to know how are their service, network uptime etc. Read their FUP and doesnt seem too bad, only problem I have is the fact that they wont give you the username and password for the CPE as they state they will manage it..... makes me hesitate to sign, but hey they are the only ones coming to Secunda so will have to wait and see.

@Pitbull who is the subcontractors in your area? We have 3Xcom, so hope it is not the same so we will have the same issue...
Hi Henry,

I'm awaiting the details from our Body corporate as I'm in contact with Jannie. Miraculously after having a massive fit over the phone this morning things are starting to happen. I will send a full report to Jannie, and hopefully these types of issues can be avoided in future.

Henry.de.kock

Hi Henry,

I'm awaiting the details from our Body corporate as I'm in contact with Jannie. Miraculously after having a massive fit over the phone this morning things are starting to happen. I will send a full report to Jannie, and hopefully these types of issues can be avoided in future.
Kewl beans. Lemme know once you are connected how the service is please.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Ja those fibre okes were also there at the Spar last month, little gazebo and everything. All they want to do is shove some kind of deal down your throat without any knowledge.

Only reason I listened to the one girl trying to sell me a package was because she had nice tits.

Vodacom sucks, hopefully she does too.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'll drop you a PM so we can get this sorted.

Thanks for making contact.
Thank you Jannie. I'm getting all the details to have it as complete as possible. Will send it to you latest tomorrow. Once again, thank you kindly! I know this is not the correct route but I have tried each and every avenue available...

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
@jannievanzyl @rpm

Morning Jannie,

This is actually totally unacceptable. Just imagine the hoops you would have to jump through if it finally installed but there's a problem on their network. I see their TOS mention that Vodacom don't gaurentee any uptime quality of service or throughput.