Vodacom rep - Fibre?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not too bad but yes once again Vodacom shows it needs to be more expensive than the rest even on a fibre connection.

Openserve 10/5 with CISP is R499 uncapped and unshaped no FUP.

What is Vodacom's FUP looking like because I see FUP FUP FUP all over the vodacom fibre page.

Pitbull

Verboten
Not too bad but yes once again Vodacom shows it needs to be more expensive than the rest even on a fibre connection.

Openserve 10/5 with CISP is R499 uncapped and unshaped no FUP.

What is Vodacom's FUP looking like because I see FUP FUP FUP all over the vodacom fibre page.
It's uncapped 300GB.

cavedog

Honorary Master
300GB fair usage. So still uncapped, the speeds drop. Suit my need perfectly for now. Will see how it goes.
You know what really grinds my gears. Vodacom preaching about spectrum shortages and that is why mobile data is expensive.

Here Vodacom installed their own fibre and run their own ISP (data side) on the fibre they layed and charge R699 per month for 10Mbps with a fair use policy of 300GB and probably locks you into a contract or charges a decent size "setup fee"

Let's face it. Vodacom is no consumer champion they are just expensive and I don't care what @jannievanzyl say to justify it but it's not good. Vodacom shame on you!!

*Telkom uncapped LTE launched in 2015 eventually came with a 350GB fair use and was R599 monthly with free router and antenna and speeds are better than this 10Mbps fibre "deal" from Vodaom.
*Cool ideas charges R499 on an Openserve 10Mbps. Completely unshaped uncapped no FUP.
*Supersonic charges R699 on an Openserve 10Mbps. Completely unshaped uncapped no FUP.
*GigaGo(MFN) charges R659 on an Openserve 10Mbps. Completely unshaped uncapped no FUP.
*Vodacom ISP charges R659 on an Openserve 10Mbps. 500GB FUP which is 200GB more than their own network.

I don't get it tbh.

deonmoodley

No. Uncapped meens no limits. No FUP. Why do we allow service providers to get away with this?
We have no choice but to use vodacom fibre or go back to adsl. Also at 10Mbps the fup is 500GB on vodacoms fibre. On most other fibre providers it's 300GB

Pitbull

Verboten
Just a correction. I see FUP is 500GB. We have managed to reach it on Saturday. Will wait for the bill and next month to see what's happening. Did update a crap load of stuff and the wife is streaming Showmax via the Explora so will settle into the usage still. Anyone know how I can get a link to my bill online? I have on for my cellphone, but no way I can see where I can view my Fibre bill online.

sapr3.techie

I currently have Telkom 10mb ADSL 100gb + 10mb uncapped from another ISP. The total cost per month is R1450. So I reckon even if I take the 100/100Mb/s option from Vodacom/Vumatel @ R1249 I will be better off. It's not like I have a choice - Vodacom are the only ISP's active in our suburb.