Vodacom rep - Fibre?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I currently have Telkom 10mb ADSL 100gb + 10mb uncapped from another ISP. The total cost per month is R1450. So I reckon even if I take the 100/100Mb/s option from Vodacom/Vumatel @ R1249 I will be better off. It's not like I have a choice - Vodacom are the only ISP's active in our suburb.
No that is not true. If you are on Vumatel you can basically take any ISP you want as far as I know. You can even take Websquad 1Gbps uncapped for R1499 on Vumatel. Yes 1000Mbps uncapped on Vumatel and Websquad for R1499 per month.

Solitude

Expert Member
Our Vodacom fibre goes down at least twice a week. It's very difficult getting proper support from them.

sapr3.techie

No that is not true. If you are on Vumatel you can basically take any ISP you want as far as I know. You can even take Websquad 1Gbps uncapped for R1499 on Vumatel. Yes 1000Mbps uncapped on Vumatel and Websquad for R1499 per month.
When I check the coverage for our suburb on the Vumatel web site there is no coverage. When I check on the Vodacom web site our suburb is covered:
1551805452019.png

Smokey888

My Fibre was installed by Vumatel Wednesday 27 Feb, Router was delivered and installed by Vodacom 1 March. have not had any downtime as yet, also stay in Boksburg. 20/2 Uncapped. getting the true speeds as per order.

sapr3.techie

My Fibre was installed by Vumatel Wednesday 27 Feb, Router was delivered and installed by Vodacom 1 March. have not had any downtime as yet, also stay in Boksburg. 20/2 Uncapped. getting the true speeds as per order.
This is indeed encouraging news...

cavedog

Honorary Master
If I may ask why did you choose Vodacom on Vumatel? You are aware of the strict FUP on Vodacom fibre?

Once you hit 500gb you will be slowed to 2Mbps for the rest of the month.

Smokey888

If I may ask why did you choose Vodacom on Vumatel? You are aware of the strict FUP on Vodacom fibre?

Once you hit 500gb you will be slowed to 2Mbps for the rest of the month.
Yip I know about the FUP on Vodacom. Unfortunately they are the chosen provider by the company I work for and therefore are limited to them.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yip I know about the FUP on Vodacom. Unfortunately they are the chosen provider by the company I work for and therefore are limited to them.
Okay it's a pity because Vumatel has so many ISPs that offer truly unlimited data for less.

dcdzines

When did you first signup?
Was Fibre already deployed in your area?
Was Fibre the Aerial type or underground cable AP?

Okay it's a pity because Vumatel has so many ISPs that offer truly unlimited data for less.
Vodacom are offering Aerial type Fibre in partnership with Vumatel to some areas that other ISP's are not offering, so stuck with going through Vodacom, if it was the normal Vumatel underground fibre cable from the pavement, would definitely go with Afrihost or Cool Ideas.

Smokey888

Fibre deployment in my area was complete end January. They then started taking the "Blocks of Houses" live Begin Feb. To this day, on Vumatel website, it still shows Fibre as being deployed, not yet Fibre ready for my street. I applied early Feb when I saw them at the corners taking the fibre live. Vodacom then phoned me saying my street are now live, and they can install which they then did as per post above. I went with Underground

cavedog

Honorary Master

Vodacom are offering Aerial type Fibre in partnership with Vumatel to some areas that other ISP's are not offering, so stuck with going through Vodacom, if it was the normal Vumatel underground fibre cable from the pavement, would definitely go with Afrihost or Cool Ideas.
Vumatel Aerial is the old Fibrehoods if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't sound right unless you have some sort of exclusivity deal from the HOA then yes or if Vodacom is the FNO then yes Vodacom is the only option. Other than that it should be open.