Vodacom - Unauthorized billing for Vodafone Live

recre8

Suddenly in my bill for February, I started getting billed daily for a Vodafone Live game:
Code:
VodafoneL p-squarem-games-c-01        8.77
I promptly phoned the call center and the agent couldn't find any subscription my account to Vodafone Live. She even asked me if I had already cancelled it or if I had another account with Vodacom. I told her I don't even know what Vodafone Live is. A service reference was created to be resolved by a Solutions Expert to refund the amount owed as they couldn't find any activation for the service nor understand why I am getting billed for it.

Three weeks later, I received an SMS that the reference number had been closed. Nothing else. I phoned now to ask them what the resolution was. All they did was "cancel all recurring subscriptions on my account". No refund, no nothing. So I advised them that unless they can provide proof of the activation of the service before my debit order date, I will instruct the bank to reverse the debit order and I will pay the correct amount by EFT.

Also, I just checked my "Bill so Far"..... still getting billed every day for that item. They didn't even cancel it properly.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
I posted the fix in a couple of threads.. U need to go to site.
Live.vodacom.co.za

Login in there, go to subscription and cancel. Take a snippet of it before canceling get vodacom to refund as it is unauthorized

b_crazy

Expert Member
Live.vodacom.co.za

Login in there, go to subscription and cancel. Take a snippet of it before canceling get vodacom to refund as it is unauthorized
Hi there,
I've found this subscription on my account. I took screenshots before and after I went to the VLive website to cancel what I never signed up for. How do I now get vodacom to refund my R1810?

I've been charged R10 a day for something I never signed up for

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Log a call with vodacom support on 135 and get a ref. Email them those snipets to get a refund.

Rogues i tell you

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I just picked up on this too. I wonder how many other people they are ****ing without their knowledge.

Just add another step in making it next to impossible to unsubscribe. This way people just give in out of frustration.

recre8

Yeah their system is f****d. When I phoned them, they said since it has been de-activated, they can't see any history of when it was first activated. What a terrible system when you only have a on/off switch with no history. It seems like VLive was just suddenly switched on for a lot of people. I had a few of my friends check and they were also billed for VLive without activating it.

Jola

Honorary Master
Live.vodacom.co.za

Nope, how can you login if you don't have an account, have never used Vlive, and have no intention of ever using it ?

You sure as hell don't want to register just to unsubscribe.

PS, you did signup. The new Vodacom flows allows for single click signup, no double opt in.

Visiting the wrong webpage/ad and clicking will subscribe you.

Jola

Honorary Master
PS, you did signup. The new Vodacom flows allows for single click signup, no double opt in.

Not sure that you even have to click, just visiting the wrong page, by accident, does it.

b_crazy

Expert Member

No, I didn't sign up. I don't click on ads/unknown links and I'm in full control of the sites I visit on my phone. Nobody uses my phone but me.

Anyways, I've been told my account will be credited for the total of these unauthorised charges. I've received a revised statement with the credit notes, but I'm currently waiting for the 1st of Aug to see if they've been truly reversed

No, I didn't sign up. I don't click on ads/unknown links and I'm in full control of the sites I visit on my phone. Nobody uses my phone but me.

Anyways, I've been told my account will be credited for the total of these unauthorised charges. I've received a revised statement with the credit notes, but I'm currently waiting for the 1st of Aug to see if they've been truly reversed
Your definition of sign up vs the operators one is different.

BTW this is not gonna change unless someone takes them to court to explicitly have to allow wasp subscriptions to be activated first.

b_crazy

Expert Member

BTW this is not gonna change unless someone takes them to court to explicitly have to allow wasp subscriptions to be activated first.
True. What remains is that this illicit behavior by the ISP, and they have no reason for them to stop it.

They are making millions from this, and the number of people that make noise about it is far outweighed by those that are ignorant (as I was before discovering I was being swindled) about the whole affair.

True. What remains is that this illicit behavior by the ISP, and they have no reason for them to stop it.

They are making millions from this, and the number of people that make noise about it is far outweighed by those that are ignorant (as I was before discovering I was being swindled) about the whole affair.
Vodacom is promoting their own WASP billing with "selected" partners which is exempt from WASPA regulation/double opt in.

There may be some rogue companies operating but for the most part the content is "legit". I left that industry in Jan after building a legit content product and dating platform.

signates

Expert Member
Also picked up this on my account yesterday. R7/day.

I had them cancel it and block my number from all content services. I will check my account regularly to make sure it's not added again.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member

nobody signed up for these subscriptions.. it was added there.. not sure by whom but it all points to vodacon!!!

Lex Hes

Have also just discovered Vodafone Live deductions since January. Over a R1 000-00 gone! Phoned Vodacom and they've said they will refund. How many other people are being ripped off like this I wonder?

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Have also just discovered Vodafone Live deductions since January. Over a R1 000-00 gone! Phoned Vodacom and they've said they will refund. How many other people are being ripped off like this I wonder?
Plenty people.. if not most contract subscribers.. the problem is many dont even know they being billed extra and find out months later and dont know how to resolve.. Vodacom should really disable vlive billing all together... or vodacom needs to be fined by icasa