Vodacom ...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why don't you stop tagging Jannie - I'm sure he's done what he can and he's not exactly a customer service agent.

Pitbull

Verboten
Why don't you stop tagging Jannie - I'm sure he's done what he can and he's not exactly a customer service agent.

How about I post my posts the way I like, feel free to remove it if you feel the need to. You have the privileges

Thor

Honorary Master
Yea Vodacom... This is pretty much how everyone I know experience their interaction with Vodacom.

And they never get back to requests, ever.

OP, if vodacom is the only fiber provider then go via an ISP so they at least can fight the battle for you.

Look at different connectivity options, good LTE deals these days.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Yea Vodacom... This is pretty much how everyone I know experience their interaction with Vodacom.
This is not a Vodacom thing. There are very few companies in SA that maintain good customer experience. MTN and Cell C don't; this much I know. Many companies we deal with are poor, pathetic or abysmal in customer experience.

Thor

Honorary Master
This is not a Vodacom thing. There are very few companies in SA that maintain good customer experience. MTN and Cell C don't; this much I know. Many companies we deal with are poor, pathetic or abysmal in customer experience.
Typical of South Africa, a shithole.

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Nah, I'm cool. Problem is I seldom come check here what's going on.

Normally I'll get an email when I'm mentioned in a post but it did not happen for this thread.

I did get the details on email though and did escalate internally. Need to check if it got resolved.

Pitbull

Verboten
Ugh. Please don't tell me you're another person who's going to start taking every opportunity to call SA that.

You sorted @Pitbull?

Sorry yes.

Fibre was restored eventually Wednesday the 19th.

If I can advise anyone, if you have a choice, use an ISP on Vodacom and not directly. The support when it comes to physically coming to your premises, you will wait a week 5-6 days at least, even if it's their own fk-up. And ISP I assume will have some pulling power to make sure people come out when needed. Dealing with Vodacom directly has left such a bitter taste in my mouth, I will not upgrade my contract with them for mobile. And as soon as I can move ISPs.

MEG101

I wonder how many people have been "scammed" by Vodacom for the Fiber product. Our area (Mookgophong) (the old Naboomspruit) Limpopo have been identified by Vuma for rollout, and all of a sudden "reps" from Vodacom have been appearing all over the place - going door to door to sell people Vodacom Fiber and telling people just how "wonderful" Vodacom fiber is. Here is the sweet part - They told residents that the network is "Vodacom Fiber's own network" that is being rolled out, when in fact it was Vuma that was rolling out the network. Secondly, they only "did a survey interest" to get people interested in signing up for the service, and told people that the network will be active in 2 months time. All of a sudden routers have been delivered, when most people did not sign up for the service - and apparently they "signed" a 2 year contact and was tricked into it - they were all told about free installation, free routers and free connection, but no mention of 2 year contracts - and was never told about the ridiculous "FUP" line throttled to 2 mbps from 10, 20. 50 and 100mbps.

When Vuma finally went live about 4 months later, installations starting to spring up all over the place, when people did not even order the fiber service. One of my friends was tricked into this, he did not sign any contracts and are now stuck with a service that are more down than up - second time this month. Where in your life have you seen that a fiber service can have such a ridiculous FUP that throttles a 100mbps line to 2 mbps? 10mbs have a policy of 500 GB, 20mbps has 750GB, 50mbps has 1500GB and 100mbps has 2500GB? This is insane as it is not difficult to rank up usage just by streaming. Some people on a 100mbps line uses over 15TB per month. Other providers like Afrihost offers true uncapped fiber without any FUP.

Sorry for the long letter, but people are furious since they were lied to and tricked into singing with Vodacom Fiber.

Beware of singing with Vodacom Fiber - you will only get lies and a almost none existing service.