Vodacom ...

Pitbull

Verboten
@jannievanzyl

Hi Jannie, I tried to send you a PM but it's not allowing me to.

SR210507-556073

My line was allocated to my neighbor due to pure stupidity 06/05/2021 when he had his installed. I logged a ticket and got someone to come out on 12/05/2021 (5 days) after I logged my call and 6 days without a connection. Connection is restored and lasts for 2/3 days. Saturday night at 00:00 exactly the line dies. Been in contact now with Vodacom again all over the weekend. Now being told they need to sent a Technician out again. I can't wait another 5 days or however long they think it will take them to send a new technician.

So having internet for 2 days trying to catch up a weeks' worth of work now just to be disconnected again. We're working from home and can't have these type of things happening. What annoys me the most is the fact that this would have all been avoided if the moron connected the neighbor correctly and not disconnecting my line which I have had for over 2 years now...

I need your assistance I think I won't get anything done correctly without someone who has some pull assisting. This is getting ridiculous now...

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
@jannievanzyl
Day 3 of the second line "outage"

Phoned just to be told they can see the line is out again. We try and find out when they will send someone to fix it. Consultant laughs and says he doesn't know... Just like the 2 days prior, promises to phone us back which will not happen. GJ Vodacom, pls keep this up

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
@jannievanzyl

Hi Jannie, I tried to send you a PM but it's not allowing me to.

SR210507-556073

My line was allocated to my neighbor due to pure stupidity 06/05/2021 when he had his installed. I logged a ticket and got someone to come out on 12/05/2021 (5 days) after I logged my call and 6 days without a connection. Connection is restored and lasts for 2/3 days. Saturday night at 00:00 exactly the line dies. Been in contact now with Vodacom again all over the weekend. Now being told they need to sent a Technician out again. I can't wait another 5 days or however long they think it will take them to send a new technician.

So having internet for 2 days trying to catch up a weeks' worth of work now just to be disconnected again. We're working from home and can't have these type of things happening. What annoys me the most is the fact that this would have all been avoided if the moron connected the neighbor correctly and not disconnecting my line which I have had for over 2 years now...

I need your assistance I think I won't get anything done correctly without someone who has some pull assisting. This is getting ridiculous now...
Move to another ISP. Problem solved.

Pitbull

Verboten
@jannievanzyl

Day 4

So not a single call again yesterday as I predicted. Wife phones them this morning, just to be told, someone will come out tomorrow... And this only because she called, if not, would probably not have happened. So it took us 4 days to get someone to confirm they will come out on day 5. I can't wait another day... I don't understand how the service can be this bad?

They fk up, but don't worry it will take about 2 weeks total to sort you out from something we've done. Tough cookie, just the way it is... No feedback on calls, no interaction from Vodacom's part you just have to keep phoning and keep trying to get someone to take it seriously, and they just don't. From a client service perspective, I have no idea how Vodacom can show the growth it has. O no wait I can, we don't have a choice so we get the stiff finger and just have to live with it. I wish I could change ISPs, unfortunately I'm stuck with this ****... I need a technician to come out TODAY, not tomorrow.

saor

Honorary Master
@jannievanzyl

Day 4

So not a single call again yesterday as I predicted. Wife phones them this morning, just to be told, someone will come out tomorrow... And this only because she called, if not, would probably not have happened. So it took us 4 days to get someone to confirm they will come out on day 5. I can't wait another day... I don't understand how the service can be this bad?

They fk up, but don't worry it will take about 2 weeks total to sort you out from something we've done. Tough cookie, just the way it is... No feedback on calls, no interaction from Vodacom's part you just have to keep phoning and keep trying to get someone to take it seriously, and they just don't. From a client service perspective, I have no idea how Vodacom can show the growth it has. O no wait I can, we don't have a choice so we get the stiff finger and just have to live with it. I wish I could change ISPs, unfortunately I'm stuck with this ****... I need a technician to come out TODAY, not tomorrow.
Is it not worth getting a Telkom data SIM or something similar in the meantime just so you can get some work done?

Pitbull

Verboten
Is it not worth getting a Telkom data SIM or something similar in the meantime just so you can get some work done?

I have, been costing me a fortune. I'm using over 2GB a day just on work. Our telkom signal is very poor so been using MTN just to do the odd things here and there. Bulk I keep on the burner still I have time and Fibre to do it. Employer understand, but I mean you can only be so patient right? Even they are probably thinking I'm taking the piss now. I have never in my life struggled with a company like I do with Vodacom this time round.

I think it's because there is just no accountability. The people they use in the call centre are contractors, and they just don't give two tits. I didn't even hear anything from Jannie's escalation so guess even that route doesn't help. Sucks when you pay on time every month for a 100/100 line and they are just too big to give a shyte.

saor

Honorary Master
I have, been costing me a fortune. I'm using over 2GB a day just on work. Our telkom signal is very poor so been using MTN just to do the odd things here and there. Bulk I keep on the burner still I have time and Fibre to do it. Employer understand, but I mean you can only be so patient right? Even they are probably thinking I'm taking the piss now. I have never in my life struggled with a company like I do with Vodacom this time round.

I think it's because there is just no accountability. The people they use in the call centre are contractors, and they just don't give two tits. I didn't even hear anything from Jannie's escalation so guess even that route doesn't help. Sucks when you pay on time every month for a 100/100 line and they are just too big to give a shyte.
So long as there are companies with reps on this forum I'll choose them over these giant corporates & their incompetent call-centers who don't seem to care about helping you. Kak situation to be in...hope you get sorted out soon.

Pitbull

Verboten
So long as there are companies with reps on this forum I'll choose them over these giant corporates & their incompetent call-centers who don't seem to care about helping you. Kak situation to be in...hope you get sorted out soon.
Thanks soar, yea I'm just extremely frustrated. Never had an issues in the 2 years I've been with Vodacom, and their 24h support is pretty handy. But only if you don't have an issue where they have to come out physically. I would gladly move ISPs if I could. This has just annoyed me beyond repair with Vodacom.

Pitbull

Verboten
You might not be better off with another ISP though.
Was thinking the same, as backbone is that of Vodacom so will have to suffer their incompetents no matter which ISP I'm with when it comes to the line damage etc.

IssiAmd

What about Cell C new packages?
The ones for like R60 for 5 gigs.

Vodacom service has been deteriorating for a while now.
Even Telkom is better.

Space

as a viable backup:

buy a new MTN prepaid SIM and RICA it,

Load R150 airtime to the new SIM

migrate to the MTN BozzaGigs LTE plan by dialling the USSD shortcode *137#

load the MTN Bozza R149 package for 10 GB anytime data

Pitbull

Verboten
Anything happened yet?
Squat...

Some poor lad my wife gave a piece of her mind this morning actually took the effort to phone back, but still with no feedback. He did actually call back I guess. Should count for something...

Pitbull

Verboten
@jannievanzyl

Just phoned Vodacom again now to follow up on our escalation.

We're being told that the Service request owner is: Neliswa and we should not phone them back they will phone us from Monday. I would like to know where I can come and drop off these routers? This service is beyond pathetic. I will try and send you an e-mail once more, if I have no conclusion to this by tomorrow I will come and dump the cables and routers at your offices in Midrand at Reception. I have now had enough.

All this because your contractor disconnected my line to activate a neighbor. I have now been struggling for 2 weeks and sitting with wife aggro on top of that too. I don't need this drama in my life.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
What is the estate/area? Is it a Vodacom exclusive?

I can come past with my hammer and help for free! We can make a video. :ROFL: