Rockford
Well-Known Member
According to The Witness the new name is the "Msunduzi Museum". Hardly too offensive.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Why not an English name for a change?According to The Witness the new name is the "Msunduzi Museum". Hardly too offensive.
According to The Witness the new name is the "Msunduzi Museum". Hardly too offensive.
Why not an English name for a change?
Why not an English name for a change?
They did not win an election in 1994
And the world is also flat.
The "Pioneer Peoples Museum" has a nice ring to it.
'k so what's Xhosa for those_annoying_plundering_whiteys_with_ox_wagons?![]()
What does that mean anyway and what was wrong with the original name?
The second part of your question I cannot answer. The first part - we live in a district now called Msunduzi, in the Msunduzi municipality. As in the "'Duzi" canoe marathon - the little river running through the city.
As far as I know Malibongwe means place of peace or some rubbish like that...
It isn't a person I know that..
As far as I know Malibongwe means place of peace or some rubbish like that...
It isn't a person I know that..
Only if they had travelled quite far.which in a far away turn of events, might have murdered your forefathers.
And Msunduzi?![]()
What's this suppose to mean? Do we all descend from the voortrekker???![]()
My Zulu is not 100% but I'll try.
"Sunduza" means to push.
"Msunduzi" would then mean "a pusher".
So, they named a river "Msunduzi" because that named must have described a characteristic of the waters.
Its similar to the town "Umthatha" which is named after "Umthatha" river. Umthatha = "to take".