Web sQuad ISP - Feedback Thread #2

Isn't that like a selling feature. Us plebs can check the routing while suffering on another ISP. I used to use it a lot then kinda forgot about it when things good, then curiosity got the better of me and tried it again but does nothing.
I'm hoping they see these messages and fixed it? xD
I guess you can use some other ISP's looking glass websites to get an idea?

I used to use this
https://nog.net.za/looking-glass/
!but I see it has been taken down.

I also use to use this link;
https://compare.mindthespeed.co.za/
But I see that CISP bought them back in April 2025?! :/ (no longer available)

This looks decent;
use these to get an idea of latency. from your location (JHB/CPT/DUB --> international)
 
I'm hoping they see these messages and fixed it? xD
I guess you can use some other ISP's looking glass websites to get an idea?

I used to use this
https://nog.net.za/looking-glass/
!but I see it has been taken down.

I also use to use this link;
https://compare.mindthespeed.co.za/
But I see that CISP bought them back in April 2025?! :/ (no longer available)

This looks decent;
use these to get an idea of latency. from your location (JHB/CPT/DUB --> international)
Isn't that like a selling feature. Us plebs can check the routing while suffering on another ISP. I used to use it a lot then kinda forgot about it when things good, then curiosity got the better of me and tried it again but does nothing.
Howdy, apologies for the late reply to this one. 100% on us, we did say we would have this back up and it's not yet done. I've spoken to the team, and we have made it a priority to have the looking glass up during the next week. It's a valuable tool, not just for new clients but existing clients to have visibility on our routing. thanks for bringing this up. Will update as soon as it's running again
 
Checked now, nothing listed on the Vuma Faults, closest incident to you is in Cyrildene, which is some way off. Can you log a fault so the team can log with Vuma?
ugh:( thx. ticket logged this morning; #993463 (vuma ticket 01642831)
 
Last edited:
JHB - Maintenance Update: Our teams will be replacing two leaf switches at Teraco Isando between 2 and 4am. This is to address the memory leak that occurred recently, as well as some hardware platform limitations in EVPN. Some services may experience disruption during this period. Thank you for your understanding.
 
Is there an issue with Google Services? Youtube keeps dropping to 720p stream every video for a few days now
 
Is there an issue with Google Services? Youtube keeps dropping to 720p stream every video for a few days now
Now dropping to 360p and buffering
Cache traffic down about 10% these past few days. Assuming the issues are more backfill related (picking up content that isn't in the caches yet). We've logged a ticket with Google. Seeing similar reports elsewhere, so it does seem to be a Google issue. They have been on the edge with capacity in SA of late, even offloading some traffic to international pops. Will keep on that ticket and hopefully have some feedback soon.
 
Cache traffic down about 10% these past few days. Assuming the issues are more backfill related (picking up content that isn't in the caches yet). We've logged a ticket with Google. Seeing similar reports elsewhere, so it does seem to be a Google issue. They have been on the edge with capacity in SA of late, even offloading some traffic to international pops. Will keep on that ticket and hopefully have some feedback soon.
Thank you
 
So, after a change on my package, and something to do with vuma trench, i had to set up a l2tp connection for my inbound routing to work ( HUGE THANKS to Velo... Legendary support) , i lost my temper with the edgerouter i've been using for ages, and dug out a old Mikrotik hap lite ( not even sure where i got it), its slow, its buggy, it was a HUGE learning curve for me, but got everything working , in a shorter span of time than the edgerouter. BUT, as mentioned, its buggy , it tends to "hang" every now and then ( pinging it will be <1ms,<1ms,<1ms then 400ms, for a bit, then <1ms , and its cpu pegs at 100.

Anyway, not a mikrotik support question, i know this is (guessing) the lowest life form they offer, whats a half decent one to get for home use, one that i can still ,mess around with and learn a bit more about them
 
So, after a change on my package, and something to do with vuma trench, i had to set up a l2tp connection for my inbound routing to work ( HUGE THANKS to Velo... Legendary support) , i lost my temper with the edgerouter i've been using for ages, and dug out a old Mikrotik hap lite ( not even sure where i got it), its slow, its buggy, it was a HUGE learning curve for me, but got everything working , in a shorter span of time than the edgerouter. BUT, as mentioned, its buggy , it tends to "hang" every now and then ( pinging it will be <1ms,<1ms,<1ms then 400ms, for a bit, then <1ms , and its cpu pegs at 100.

Anyway, not a mikrotik support question, i know this is (guessing) the lowest life form they offer, whats a half decent one to get for home use, one that i can still ,mess around with and learn a bit more about them
hAP ac3 is a good one - Carb sale
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X