Web Squad ISP

Seeyou

Expert Member
What is interesting is that today this is my speedtest result:

It has NEVER, since the activation of my line, shown a result faster than 187mbps. I haven't noticed any disconnects today either, and always suspected Octotel's line speed throttling methods were sub par and causing packet loss. Potential plot thickening? I'll probably be posting again in half an hour complaining bitterly about another timeout storm, but who knows.

Zodiak

There seems to be an interesting ping issue or observation. Yesterday I was getting 120ms ping to the middle east/Egypt (using these servers for Fortnite vs. Europe). Today however I am getting major ping/latency issues and rubber banding, changed to Europe and still rubber banding but noticed that Middle East is now 220ms ping and Europe is 167ms ping which doesn't really make sense as Egypt is closer to us than Europe. Is there some sort of outage somewhere or rerouting of traffic?

Below is the ping to Egypt result:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

Looks better. I don't mind the 200mbps upload :)
Oh wat? 200Mbit up on Octotel?

You must be on some new unannounced profile upgrade. I did notice early last week that my upload speed increased by about 10% so it's around 106Mbps now but not 200.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

Looks better. I don't mind the 200mbps upload :)
Also while you're at it, could you run a speedtest to some Joburg servers? I need to try to convince Octotel that it's not an issue with my specific line.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I forgot that Websquad has the TCP accelerator for local traffic so it's no good for comparison.

Zodiak

I'm rubber banding on European servers like crazy all night, can't do a single match on Fortnite successfully and as I mentioned earlier, Middle East has an additional 150ms ping compared to yesterday - something is seriously off. Anyone else having issues gaming on international servers tonight?

Zodiak

Vuma trenched here

Mrs moaning about the same

Thank you, at least it's not just me, thought I was going nuts. Vuma and Evotel are basically the same infrastructure so it's probable. What area are you in? North Riding perhaps?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I'm rubber banding on European servers like crazy all night, can't do a single match on Fortnite successfully and as I mentioned earlier, Middle East has an additional 150ms ping compared to yesterday - something is seriously off. Anyone else having issues gaming on international servers tonight?
Amazon changed their route to MEA thats why your ping to that region is higher

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Thank you, at least it's not just me, thought I was going nuts. Vuma and Evotel are basically the same infrastructure so it's probable. What area are you in? North Riding perhaps?

Springs, east rand

EvotelZA

Company Rep
Hi there.

Just wanted to apologise for any issues your having with your line. I just want to let you know that we do maintain separate infrastructure from Vumatel. That being said, if you would like us to have a closer look at your line to double check that your infrastructure is holding strong, please provide us with your address in a private message and we'll have a look for you.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Games on Apex have been absolute dogsh*t last couple of days for me. Anyone else experiencing it? It's like everything's slightly delayed, but latency is normal and there's no packet loss. Trying to figure out if it's the Apex servers, ExitLag or something weird on WS.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Games on Apex have been absolute dogsh*t last couple of days for me. Anyone else experiencing it? It's like everything's slightly delayed, but latency is normal and there's no packet loss. Trying to figure out if it's the Apex servers, ExitLag or something weird on WS.

Hmm, it might be ExitLag. VPNGame seems ok.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hmm, it might be ExitLag. VPNGame seems ok.
Its Apex Servers, i have tried CISP, Cloudflare and Exitlag and been suffering with all of them. Friend on Mweb was suffering as well and my other friend on WebAfrica was also struggling, we all in different areas, different FNO's.

During the day servers are fine but at night they been going to hell... I have been knocked so many times sliding behind cover, my friend died behind a corner last night, we just closed the game because it was so ****.

People are ddosing servers again, especially ranked, seen multiple streamers have their games ddosed again...