Web Squad ISP

Gazed416

Hello.

So, I need a new ISP and Web Squad is offering a 1000/100 promo for a whole year for about R1499pm (if I'm not mistaken) on Vumatel. Thereafter you can pay R5999pm when the promo ends, but I asked and the lady said that it's totally fine if after the promo I downgrade to their 200/200 deal.

The problem is that I have never heard of Web Squad. They only have three Google Reviews, and a few reviews on their Facebook page. However, I spoke with one of their sales reps once and she really listened and answered all of my questions.

Prior to all of this, I first tried CISP. Their response on Facebook Messenger is great but unfortunately responding to their emails are really delayed, so I thought that if I'm struggling to get a hold of them now, I'd have more issues with CISP when becoming a client.

After CISP, I tested Afrihost's client service. I had a small issue, was put on hold, and eventually I hung up because I couldn't wait any longer. No one phoned me back, but they actually had the audacity to send me an SMS the very next day to rate their service. What service? I wasn't helped with anything.

As you can see.. My priority is customer service before I sign up with any ISP. I'm considering Web Squad but someone on Reddit actually said that Web Squad might be a reseller. Hopefully there's no truth to it.

If anyone has any idea who Web Squad is, please let me know.

Gazed416

I'm a current customer of theirs (50/50 on vumatel). I don't have anything to complain about.

If there is anything specific you want me to test, I'd be happy to do so.

Perhaps @websquadza is the man to question.
Thank you. Actually you could test anything, especially the international questions that was asked by another member below. I'm not really that tech savvy

Gazed416

Hi @Gazed416, always here to answer any questions you might have!
Wow, hi. I read some threads about users complaining about other IPSs and how they struggle with downtime since they have a lot of people using the lines especially during peak hours. How is your peak hour performance compared to other ISPs?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Does 1000 apply to international? In reality what could one expect though?
Not for 1 Gbps lite. It does for our 1 Gbps Standard service and our Business Fibre.. 1 Gbps lite is an initiative between ourselves and Vumatel to try and make 1 Gbps a more common product; but delivering 1 Gbps is costly, both in terms of International Capacity, as well as ensuring your service actually delivers - hence the huge price difference between Lite and Standard.

We are and will always be proud of our standard product's no FUP policy (10 Mbps - 200 Mbps - you will get what it says on the box (local and international), no limits, caps, monitoring or service shaping/).

1 Gbps Lite is an attempt at getting the best of both worlds; removing most limits you've become accustomed to. To this end, we're limiting P2P and international traffic to 200 Mbps to manage network performance; we've chosen this value because a) It's still fast enough to run multiple HD streams without fault (I run 1-2 Hulu streams and twitch at 1080p60 on a 200/200) b) almost everything is available locally anyway, so you'll get 1 Gbps on most CDN/streaming and content sites. c) this product is cheaper than our 200/200 line. So for our first FUP product, it's dead simple and english and available on our web site.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Wow, hi. I read some threads about users complaining about other IPSs and how they struggle with downtime since they have a lot of people using the lines especially during peak hours. How is your peak hour performance compared to other ISPs?
We don't have any capacity issues. on our network. We operate a fibre only network with the latest in hardware. We only have to manage port capacities. As we see that a port is reaching 80% saturation, we'll order another and ensure that we always have spare capacity available for our users. You will not see a difference between peak and off peak performance.

Gazed416

We don't have any capacity issues. on our network. We operate a fibre only network with the latest in hardware. We only have to manage port capacities. As we see that a port is reaching 80% saturation, we'll order another and ensure that we always have spare capacity available for our users. You will not see a difference between peak and off peak performance.
That is great, thank you. I sent you a private message

I'm with Websquad on their 200/200 Mbps package on Vumatel trenched. No problems or complaints. No buffering on Netflix, Showmax and Youtube. International's been great too (i think) - twitch runs at 1080p60 no problem. Their support was great in getting me set up on a Mikrotik router with a static IP (kindly declined their router). Might look at the 1 Gbps.. Don't use the 200 Mbps up in any case.

sand_man

Honorary Master
1 Gbps Lite is an attempt at getting the best of both worlds; removing most limits you've become accustomed to. To this end, we're limiting P2P and international traffic to 200 Mbps to manage network performance; we've chosen this value because a) It's still fast enough to run multiple HD streams without fault (I run 1-2 Hulu streams and twitch at 1080p60 on a 200/200) b) almost everything is available locally anyway, so you'll get 1 Gbps on most CDN/streaming and content sites. c) this product is cheaper than our 200/200 line. So for our first FUP product, it's dead simple and english and available on our web site.
Mmmmm, this looks like a damn good deal actually! Certainly better value for money than your 200/200 offering. So it is effectively your 200/200 account with 1000 on anything cached locally?

Capture.PNG

Pho3nix

The Legend
Not for 1 Gbps lite. It does for our 1 Gbps Standard service and our Business Fibre.. 1 Gbps lite is an initiative between ourselves and Vumatel to try and make 1 Gbps a more common product; but delivering 1 Gbps is costly, both in terms of International Capacity, as well as ensuring your service actually delivers - hence the huge price difference between Lite and Standard.

We are and will always be proud of our standard product's no FUP policy (10 Mbps - 200 Mbps - you will get what it says on the box (local and international), no limits, caps, monitoring or service shaping/).

This is really tempting... any chance of doing something similar for the 200Mbps and limiting P2P to 100Mbps or so?

sand_man

Honorary Master
They have been around a while. So when are you changing to Web Squad? :D
How long is a while? :unsure:

The problem with my line, I believe, resides with Vumatel. The only reason I'm moving ISP's is to try and find one who has the pull to actually motivate Vumatel to fix the line!! Or at least offer a plausible explanation as to why my iperf tests are so broken! You would think this would be a fairly simple request no? 4 months and 2 ISP's later and nothing... :mad:

cavedog

Honorary Master

The problem with my line, I believe resides with Vumatel. The only reason I'm moving ISP's is to try and find one who has the pull to actually motivate Vumatel to fix the line!! Or at least offer a plausible explanation as to why my iperf tests are so broken! You would think this would be a fairly simple request no? 4 months and 2 ISP's later and nothing... :mad:
Well that websquadza can confirm. Well if it is your line then well good luck getting the ISP to push that and even if they do I don't suppose Vumatel will just come out and say yes sorry it's us.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm with Websquad on their 200/200 Mbps package on Vumatel trenched. No problems or complaints. No buffering on Netflix, Showmax and Youtube. International's been great too (i think) - twitch runs at 1080p60 no problem. Their support was great in getting me set up on a Mikrotik router with a static IP (kindly declined their router). Might look at the 1 Gbps.. Don't use the 200 Mbps up in any case.
When you get a chance, run the Wingnut test for us, will you please?!

The Wingnut Test:
1. One attempt at everything.

http://www.speedtest.net/
2. Local speedtest - auto select
3. London, first on the list.
4. New York, first on the list.

https://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
5. Bandwidth place test.

https://testmy.net/download
6. Testmy.net, manual test, 100MB.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
7. Dslreports.

http://speedtest.googlefiber.net/
8. Googlefiber speedtest

9. 100 packet mtr test to 5.39.226.191 (optional)

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Mmmmm, this looks like a damn good deal actually! Certainly better value for money than your 200/200 offering. So it is effectively your 200/200 account with 1000 on anything cached locally?

View attachment 619466
Yup, that's exactly it!

This is really tempting... any chance of doing something similar for the 200Mbps and limiting P2P to 100Mbps or so?
Not in the short term unfortunately. This pricing is in part due to Vumatel delivering a price point we could make this work at.

But you only been in business for 5 minutes! What happens if you sign up 500 mybroadband heavy hitters (cavedog case in point)?
Let's sign them up and see;). We've built our own network from the ground up (over 3 and a half years) with huge capacity in mind.. so we're not chasing our tails when the heavy hitters do their thing.

The problem with my line, I believe, resides with Vumatel. The only reason I'm moving ISP's is to try and find one who has the pull to actually motivate Vumatel to fix the line!! Or at least offer a plausible explanation as to why my iperf tests are so broken! You would think this would be a fairly simple request no? 4 months and 2 ISP's later and nothing... :mad:
Been reading through threads to get an idea of your situation. Something is wrong, no doubt. No reason for iperf to work for everyone but you. But getting Vuma to acknowledge beyond work done, as Paul said, is going to be hard. Trick is now to find another test, similar in capability to iperf and show similar results. That way we can eliminate/confirm your iperf being the problem. Will need to do some research in this regard.