Web Squad ISP

sand_man

Honorary Master
My adsl didn't like my camera's.
Yeah, upload on adsl... absolute fcking trash! :sick:

The feed, for me, is outstanding. It's a fairly agricultural setup. The Windows server at the store isn't a dedicated DVR server. It's a multi purpose machine. I can't tell you how many times over the last 10 years or so we've referred to footage for all sorts of incidence! Incredibly useful. Currently we can store around 6 months of footage (about 7.25gb).

Last edited:

wingnut771

Executive Member
Yeah, upload on adsl... absolute fcking trash! :sick:

The feed, for me, is outstanding. It's a fairly agricultural setup. The Windows server at the store isn't a dedicated DVR server. It's a multi purpose machine. I can't tell you how many times over the last 10 years or so we've referred to footage for all sorts of incidence! Incredibly useful. Currently we can store around 6 months of footage (about 7.25gb).
Not only that but it kills the download too.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
:X3: what's happening there??

Looking at your mobile results, there's a huge difference. Could be related to TCP window scaling and a difference between windows and android? Larger TCP window = fewer retransmits = more throughput, well to an extent. There are a few guides on getting these settings right.

wingnut771

Executive Member
I forgot I hit "windows tcp defaults" last night in tcpoptimizer.

I thought it might be that so I watched the same youtube video I think and put the "gaming" settings back but still have about 3mb throughput to RD, was 50mb last night.

Sorry, I have a real problem now. I'll try change some settings in tcpoptimizer and see if I get lucky.

sand_man

Honorary Master
:X3: what's happening there??

Looking at your mobile results, there's a huge difference. Could be related to TCP window scaling and a difference between windows and android? Larger TCP window = fewer retransmits = more throughput, well to an extent. There are a few guides on getting these settings right.
That dud test was done wirelessly on my HTPC Windows 10 64 bit. But, yeah, generally I find the international tests better on Android/iOS vs Windows. :cautious:

EDIT: Also on HTPC... London QTS

Vs android.

Vs iOS

vs wired Windows 10

Does the Windows TCP scaling theory still hold muster?

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I forgot I hit "windows tcp defaults" last night in tcpoptimizer.

I thought it might be that so I watched the same youtube video I think and put the "gaming" settings back but still have about 3mb throughput to RD, was 50mb last night.

Sorry, I have a real problem now. I'll try change some settings in tcpoptimizer and see if I get lucky.
let me know if you come right...

wingnut771

Executive Member
I have another router I want to try, will that cause any issues with Vuma trenched or do I just plug it in?