WebAfrica Capped ADSL

Yes.

It's really weird, I could ping no problem and do speed tests no problem, but couldn't visit other sites or do any http downloads.

The only thing I have against WA is their flakey DNS servers.

Use IS's ones, hang on let me check what that is:

168.210.2.2
196.14.239.2
 
The only thing I have against WA is their flakey DNS servers.

Use IS's ones, hang on let me check what that is:

168.210.2.2
196.14.239.2
You do know that nowadays that's the DNS servers that WA hand out when you set to auto? In the past it used to be different ones.
 
You do know that nowadays that's the DNS servers that WA hand out when you set to auto? In the past it used to be different ones.

Really? I didn't, thanks for setting me straight. I haven't used WA since they had their own IPC.

I only assumed that because the last time WA had DNS issues, me, as an IS customer not through WA, didn't experience the same problems so assumed they used different servers.

Sorry :p as they say:

Assumptions are the mother of all ****ups :)
 
Getting horrendous speeds and packetloss... and this is on a 10mb line.

Download Speed: 848 kbps (106 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 249 ms
 
Getting horrendous speeds and packetloss... and this is on a 10mb line.

Download Speed: 848 kbps (106 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 249 ms

Must say my latency to US has increased from 250 to 350ms - second day now. Not great when I read reports of others battling too

What is happening WA helper?
 
Getting horrendous speeds and packetloss... and this is on a 10mb line.

Download Speed: 848 kbps (106 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 249 ms

Could you post a traceroute please to webafrica.co.za
 
Borked.

Pages only load halfway on all my WA lines, so rebooted the modems and now they won't reconnect. wtf is going on!!!?

Have things improved? If not drop me a PM with your account details
 
Getting horrendous speeds and packetloss... and this is on a 10mb line.

Download Speed: 848 kbps (106 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 759 kbps (94.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 249 ms

Hi DarkGenisis,

If the issue is continuing please drop me a PM with your details and I will get our guys to assist.


Must say my latency to US has increased from 250 to 350ms - second day now. Not great when I read reports of others battling too

What is happening WA helper?


Has things improved Fulton? No issues on our network to report so I've asked our network team for some feedback.
 
Torrents. But I only download from 12am till 6am.

Hi Convex,

Thats very strange as 12-6am is always the time where torrents should fly. You might need to look at optimising your torrent client as there no issues with our network at the moment. Check link to get more info on optimising your torrents here.
 
Hi DarkGenisis,

If the issue is continuing please drop me a PM with your details and I will get our guys to assist.

Most definitely is continuing... This is absurd

Download Speed: 267 kbps (33.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 754 kbps (94.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 256 ms

I thought the point of CAPPED was full speed and not worrying about throttling, these speeds are atrocious. I've sent a PM.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X