WebAfrica Capped ADSL

Can't open anything with Web Africa at the moment. My other accounts are fine.
 
Yeah, JHB. Seems back to normal again now.

Telkom not only broke some of IS' IPC in Johannesburg but also experiencing a network outage. Apparently their (Telkom) technicians are onsite and trying to fix it... hopefully they are done by now..
 
Seemed to recover, but I'm back to 90% packet loss now :( Vox is still full speed

Edit: Packet loss subsided. Getting 1mb from my Capped account, on a 20mb line.
 
Last edited:
5 ****ing days since I bought my account and its still not working, their support is absolute ****e, same message when you call about how the line between CPT and JHB is down. Why is every ISP so ****?

Waste of ****ing money.
 
5 ****ing days since I bought my account and its still not working, their support is absolute ****e, same message when you call about how the line between CPT and JHB is down. Why is every ISP so ****?

Waste of ****ing money.

Because people in South Africa have no real consumer protection. All we can do is complain on a forum while we hand them money.
 
So I signed up today and it's useless. What a waste of time and money. Business capped getting normal speeds but home capped is like dial up. What is going on?
 
5 ****ing days since I bought my account and its still not working, their support is absolute ****e, same message when you call about how the line between CPT and JHB is down. Why is every ISP so ****?

Waste of ****ing money.

Well I just cancelled also after 5 days and still have to fork out for May month,,,,,
 
Weird how different people have issues with different ISPs.

I can't imagine that somebody would have issues with a WA Business capped account. Mine has been running like clockwork since I got it.

Then I try Afrihost and it's crap, and people tell me that it's excellent for them.

I guess you just have to find the ISP that works for you.
 
Weird how different people have issues with different ISPs.

I can't imagine that somebody would have issues with a WA Business capped account. Mine has been running like clockwork since I got it.

Then I try Afrihost and it's crap, and people tell me that it's excellent for them.

I guess you just have to find the ISP that works for you.

You have hit the nail on the head.
 
Home capped - 10meg line
every night the dl is way low on NNTP and this is a deal breaker....
Well, its better than Afrihost capped by a mile... At least webafrica dont promise unshaped and then shape you...
 
*shrugs* I don't know, a month in and I have zero complaints with my WebAfrica home capped 10Mbps line and data package. Maybe I'm lucky because I live right next to a DSLAM, so have absolutely zero line issues, but my experience with streaming during the day is flawless (and that's what had really been bugging me most on Telkom).

As the cherry on the top, WebAfrica actually responds knowledgeably to online tickets within about 24 to 48 hours, so that's a huge step up in customer service as well. Oh, and they're way more flexible in their billing.

To anybody considering WebAfrica and doubting it because of the haters, I advise you to try it first yourself. You may be pleasantly surprised :)
 
Borked.

Pages only load halfway on all my WA lines, so rebooted the modems and now they won't reconnect. wtf is going on!!!?
 
Borked.

Pages only load halfway on all my WA lines, so rebooted the modems and now they won't reconnect. wtf is going on!!!?

Not seeing any issues here.

Are you able to connect to another ISP?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X