Webafrica LTE-A Horrible Performance the standard?

qwerty123

Hi all,

What speeds are you guys experiencing?

I've been using the device now for about a week (instead of 10Mb ADSL), the speeds are usually hovering at around 4Mbps/5Mbps... what a downgrade when compared to a an already slow 10Mbps DSL connection.

Is this the standard? I'm getting 4/5 bars signal strength.

speedtest.net
6599147426.png

MyBB speedtest
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2488990

Router
Untitled.png

I would have considered an antenna, but I doubt that's the problem here.. ?

6ghost

Can't be antenna, I'm on 2/3 bars,, outside the coverage map, and I'm getting 10mbs + download, some days 25mbs, latencies locally are 18 to 20's

Napalm

Expert Member
Phone webafrica, log a call. They must check that tower.

Email them your Signal quality stuffs (you can copy and paste it from the router.. send them the details. It also has your tower ID on.)

maybe that tower is messed up or too many oaks on it. (they can maybe switch you to other tower) - or fix current one.

I have 3/5 bars. and I get 35mbit to 42mbit mostly (even on a bad day around 25mbit)

qwerty123

Phone webafrica, log a call. They must check that tower.

Email them your Signal quality stuffs (you can copy and paste it from the router.. send them the details. It also has your tower ID on.)

maybe that tower is messed up or too many oaks on it. (they can maybe switch you to other tower) - or fix current one.

I have 3/5 bars. and I get 35mbit to 42mbit mostly (even on a bad day around 25mbit)
Thanks! I'll do that :)

JimboJambo

outside coverage range by 50m
Using webafrica. My YouTube, Facebook and websites load nicely but any Downloads I try to do on the Steam, Origin or Uplay is being only downloaded at 100kbps and can't view ANY streams on twitch.tv at all not even mobile quality. Does webafrica throttle certain protocols? cause If they do I will invoke the return policy and get my cash back. Its sad becuase the stability and latency of the connection is amazing but I cant deal with this Download speed being so restricted even though speedtest rates my line at 50meg.

Speed test.jpg