Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

So... for me, it's about portion control. I ate all bran flakes with milk for brekkies. For lunch 3 slices of white bread with black cat choc peanut butter. For a late afternoon snack 2 slices of white bread with black cat choc peanut butter. Dinner was grilled hake 280g with veggies CTFM half price Monday special. Grapes at 11pm. Various crackers between 5 and 8 at 2am because I couldn't sleep because I was feeling peckish. Dropped another couple of hundred grams as of this morning.
i thought bread was from the devil?
 
So I have completely gone off the Keto/Banting/Paleo/LCHF path for now.

Simply not seeing the results I want in the gym.

I have to eat in a calorie surplus and it is damn difficult on LCHF. Not even to mention how crazy expensive it gets.

So since this weekend I am back to eating oats, brown rice and potatoes. No processed food like bread or pasta.

I have 5 to 6 weeks of bulking left and I will get back on the Keto bandwagon to cut again.
 
i thought bread was from the devil?
Well, dieticians will say that it's more about the calories in bread than them being spawned by Lucifer himself :p

I can persist with the experiment tomorrow and see how it goes. Certainly is easier on the wallet :p
Otherwise ordinarily I am spending about R35 a day at the canteen, nevermind the two other cereal type snacks/meals I have at work.

Did the Vitality Fitness test tonight and the Bio actually did a fat % test** as well with callipers. He had me at 17.7%. My scale at home has me around 19% last I checked a while ago. Fitness wise he said I will score full marks, though I feel only half as fit as I could be.

**jsheed_sa take note if you are on Vitality, you can kill two birds with one stone :)
 
Its been over 3 weeks now, and i'm still on 119, starting to get rather p1ssed of now. Im not cheating on LCHF, i'm very strict. How long can a plateau possibly last.
Lost 10kg in 2 months, and now nothing.
 
Last edited:
So after trying banting for 2 days I gave up. Too much effort and I am tired of cauliflower. So back to having a balanced diet and gym.
 
Its been over 3 weeks now, and i'm still on 119, starting to get rather p1ssed of now. Im not cheating on LCHF, i'm very strict. How long can a plateau possibly last.
Lost 10kg in 2 months, and now nothing.

Keep with it, even if you aren't shedding KG's your body is probably changing shape.

So after trying banting for 2 days I gave up. Too much effort and I am tired of cauliflower. So back to having a balanced diet and gym.

Gave it the old college try huh...
 
Keep with it, even if you aren't shedding KG's your body is probably changing shape.



Gave it the old college try huh...

Yeah I am, but im seriously wondering about this banting diet, It seems like its extremely catabolic. i'm starting to wonder if i'm losing any fat and if its just muscle i'm losing...
 
Its been over 3 weeks now, and i'm still on 119, starting to get rather p1ssed of now. Im not cheating on LCHF, i'm very strict. How long can a plateau possibly last.
Lost 10kg in 2 months, and now nothing.

Whats you daily calorie intake?
 
Yeah I am, but im seriously wondering about this banting diet, It seems like its extremely catabolic. i'm starting to wonder if i'm losing any fat and if its just muscle i'm losing...

Felt the same, feels if I was loosing muscle.
 
Yeah I am, but im seriously wondering about this banting diet, It seems like its extremely catabolic. i'm starting to wonder if i'm losing any fat and if its just muscle i'm losing...

Make sure you're eating enough protein for your body weight.

Yep, decided I wanted to enjoy life.

I love my diet. I lose fat while eating delicious food. This makes me enjoy life.
 
Yesterday I had a chicken mayo saamie for brunch and egg & cheese saamie for late lunch. White bread, 4 slices in total, made by the canteen.

Salmon & hake for dinner with non starchy veg. Popcorn for late night snack. <edit>Oh, also some Danish butter biscuits...</edit> Salmon & 2 provita for 2am snack (my senile / fidgety dog keeping me awake). Dropped another 100g, but this is really due to calories I guess. I'm obviously in a calorie deficit.

4 to 6 slices of brown bread are on the menu for today, with choc peanut butter. And 4 boiled eggs. Not sure about dinner, will see when I get there.
 
Last edited:
My updates more from a fitness perspective than a weight one.

I'm not losing weight in fact I seem to be gaining slightly (still need to check fat %'s to confirm if fat or muscle) but at the rate i'm exercising / eating I'd be very surprised to see fat % going up.

Spent half of training yesterday doing sparring. I got to spar with the ladies yesterday and it's a very good excuse to put emphasis on my movement and jabs, as I can't throw tons of combo's or put too much force behind my punches.

I'm feeling very happy with the results so far. I could lunge in and out with a jab and avoid all counters with ease, perhaps easier as my opponents aren't as good as the men - but still good to know that it's coming together nicely in terms of movement and fitness. The pieces are falling in to place nicely!
 
Last edited:
Its been over 3 weeks now, and i'm still on 119, starting to get rather p1ssed of now. Im not cheating on LCHF, i'm very strict. How long can a plateau possibly last.
Lost 10kg in 2 months, and now nothing.
On a banting diet?
Despite what some people think, being on a banting diet does not mean you can stuff yourself to your hearts content (disclaimer: not saying that you do this :)), part of the reason that you lost the 10kg in the first place is that your new banting diet calorie count was at such a level to maintain a bodyweight of 119kg.

If you want to lose more it will help if you count calories so that you can reduce food & drink (those with calories) intake in a calculated manner OR increase your activity level.

P.S. You don\t have to count calories indefinitely, just a couple of weeks and by then you will be well aware of what is high or low in calories. Thereafter you can then get away with guesstimating.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X