Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

And you would in some cases be right. I refer to one of my own posts:



The key point is that the lifestyle change - not diet - that each person can sustain is a personal thing. I know I cannot sustain an LCHF diet. Many have tried and failed. So their weight will yo-yo.

It is not the LCHF diet that is wrong, it is that it is wrong for some individuals who cannot maintain. Like myself.

I'm only going to contend the above. I don't believe it's you or any particular individual who cannot maintain. I think it's simply human nature to not want to eat the same things endlessly. Or perhaps it'd be more correct to say it's human nature to want to eat different foods?
And I guess some people are just better at repressing those basic kinds of instincts, like some people are better at expressing certain other instincts e.g. being great socializers or caregivers or whatever.
My two cents and we know what that's worth, dispose of it as you wish :)
 
I'm only going to contend the above. I don't believe it's you or any particular individual who cannot maintain. I think it's simply human nature to not want to eat the same things endlessly. Or perhaps it'd be more correct to say it's human nature to want to eat different foods?
And I guess some people are just better at repressing those basic kinds of instincts, like some people are better at expressing certain other instincts e.g. being great socializers or caregivers or whatever.
My two cents and we know what that's worth, dispose of it as you wish :)

It depends totally on the individual.

I have been eating the same breakfast every single day - without fail - for around 4 months. I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches made with the same bread and the same peanut butter for over 6 months. There have been moments where I have eaten the same thing for lunch or for breakfast for years at a stretch.

It isn't boredom that makes me realize I will not be able to adhere to LCHF, it is that carbs are cheap, easily available and require little preparation. Compare pouring All Bran into a bowl with making bacon and eggs every morning.
 
It depends totally on the individual.

I have been eating the same breakfast every single day - without fail - for around 4 months. I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches made with the same bread and the same peanut butter for over 6 months. There have been moments where I have eaten the same thing for lunch or for breakfast for years at a stretch.

It isn't boredom that makes me realize I will not be able to adhere to LCHF, it is that carbs are cheap, easily available and require little preparation. Compare pouring All Bran into a bowl with making bacon and eggs every morning.

Peanut butter? Uh oh...
 
Compare pouring All Bran into a bowl with making bacon and eggs every morning.

I crack two eggs into my mouth, swallow, then take a bite from a stick of butter. Probably quicker than pouring all bran & eating it.
 
Isn't that unhealthy galore?

It's loaded with fat and protein, with not much carbs in it, even the sugar added variety. Even the sugar added variety has something like 10g of sugar per 100g. Far more of its calories come from protein and fat than sugar. It isn't low carb, but it isn't unhealthy either.

Peanut butter is so nutritious that they use it emergency ration packs for undernourished people.
 
For The Armoury where I go its R600 per month.

You don't need to do sparring, you can just do it for fitness if you like - although sparring certainly helps to put theory in to practice.

Class times are as follows:


In Pinelands i'm not sure of many options to be honest. I know there's some kickboxing in the area but thats about all I know that side.

In town and surrounds we have BJJ / Boxing / Gong Fu (Taiji / Shaolin / Wing Chun and a few others) / Aikido / TKD / Karate etc.
Around town one is spoilt for choice.

edit: Thanks though, I must remember that when I have more time on my hands or start working around there again!
 
Last edited:
peanuts will generally ignite cravings if you're LCing
 
<snip>

It isn't boredom that makes me realize I will not be able to adhere to LCHF, it is that carbs are cheap, easily available and require little preparation. Compare pouring All Bran into a bowl with making bacon and eggs every morning.
Considering bringing peanut butter or p&j saamies for lunch myself as it's costing way too much to go medium to high protein and low carb :( And it's not like I am losing weight on my current "diet". I reckon I can lose weight eating anything really, it's just about portion control and exercise. Gonna put that theory to the test soon :p
 
Considering bringing peanut butter or p&j saamies for lunch myself as it's costing way too much to go medium to high protein and low carb :( And it's not like I am losing weight on my current "diet". I reckon I can lose weight eating anything really, it's just about portion control and exercise. Gonna put that theory to the test soon :p

Yeah, from what I understand, low carb is the way to go. The problem is figuring out a how to go low carb in a practical way. I know a lot of people have switched completely and never looked back, but I know it's not possible for me.

However, I have drastically reduced my carbohydrate consumption, even without going completely low carb. I was thinking, I probably consume about 50% less sugar than last year, and compared to 2007, about 90% less sugar.

I am no longer classified as obese .... yah ?

Congratulations!
 
Nicely done!

Yeah, from what I understand, low carb is the way to go. The problem is figuring out a how to go low carb in a practical way. I know a lot of people have switched completely and never looked back, but I know it's not possible for me.

However, I have drastically reduced my carbohydrate consumption, even without going completely low carb. I was thinking, I probably consume about 50% less sugar than last year, and compared to 2007, about 90% less sugar.



Congratulations!

Bit torn by it. It was my fault getting to that stage but thanks guys. Which is a better measurement bmi or body fat or do you use both. I never reached the body fat level required but did the bmi level.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X