What can your ISP do to make you happier?

The best ISP is the one you never even have to think about because it always just works and you're not continually fighting caps, outages and billing issues.
 
For the ADSL ISP Im with, having cheaper capped packages would be cool. Other than that, service levels are great.

I would go to Telkom uncapped LTE if only they allowed torrents (at least from midnight to 6). I'll sign that contract so hard right now
 
Telkom - Dont tell me my payment is overdue - you collect via debit order!
 
FTTH:

1. Get rid of stupid speeds below 20Mbps. Rather offer higher speeds with varying caps.
2. Improve consistency and throughput on international links, especially for real-time services like video streaming.
3. VOX 200GB special for R164: stop throttling/crippling line speed on Telkom FTTH
4. Openserve: Far too expensive for higher FTTH line speeds, all your resellers are all much cheaper than you. Even Telkom on Vumatel has better value packages than Telkom on Openserve.
5. Telkom and VOX: Your customer management portals are atrocious, it can't be that difficult to simplify and improve them. Many ISPs have done it, so just copy one of them, it is not rocket science.
 
I want more frequent doubling of cap, more rewards for subscribers like competitions, faster speeds
 
The best ISP is the one you never even have to think about because it always just works and you're not continually fighting caps, outages and billing issues.

yeah this

the irony I'm facing though is that our ISP has offered to double our speed to 200mbps/200mbps @ 10:1 contention and give an additional 20mbps for VOIP data for an extra R500pm but the trustees in my building are still "considering" the offer, three months later.
 
Do not oversubscribe. Give existing customers a stable and consistent service
 
We'll what is there to say when u have 700ms latency and a 300kbps line for the past two weeks. All i can say is EISH,Problem is with telkom,and for afrihost they can drop their prices,we are seeing 200gb for r199 and they still offer 100gb at that price. The smaller packages below 100gb needs to be cheaper not everyone is a data overlord.
 
hi guys
I know this is completely off topic...
But I recently signed up so I can start my own thread...how on earth do I do that...I can't find that option anywhere...
Please help!
 
What can my ISP (ANY ISP in SA) do to make me happier? Become professional.

Stop running your business like a backyard mechanic.
 
Would be nice if my AFRIHOST ISp gave the business ADSL customers some special attention .... cant give me free data, so give me a price reduction.
 
Not much tbh.. I'm very happy with my Vox Telecom "Fat pipe" account..

I'd obviously be happy if they cut the price (I mean who wouldn't), but the R164 I'm paying is excellent value and I wouldn't actually expect them to.
Increasing my 200GB cap I suppose might me make say "oh goody" but the reality is I currently have ~700GB due to data roll over - I simply don't use 200GB p/m probably partially due to 0-6am being free. There's a chance this might change as I've just had my line upgraded from 4Mbps to 10Mbps .. time will tell.
 
Not much tbh.. I'm very happy with my Vox Telecom "Fat pipe" account..

I'd obviously be happy if they cut the price (I mean who wouldn't), but the R164 I'm paying is excellent value and I wouldn't actually expect them to.
Increasing my 200GB cap I suppose might me make say "oh goody" but the reality is I currently have ~700GB due to data roll over - I simply don't use 200GB p/m probably partially due to 0-6am being free. There's a chance this might change as I've just had my line upgraded from 4Mbps to 10Mbps .. time will tell.
Hmm, spoke too soon. Today it's slowed to a crawl. So they can fix that.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X