What device(s) do you use for streaming?

How do you stream?

• Android box

Votes: 126 33.1%
  • Apple TV

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • Google Chromecast

Votes: 50 13.1%
  • Roku

Votes: 18 4.7%
  • Smart TV

Votes: 133 34.9%
  • Laptop

Votes: 138 36.2%
  • Mobile device

Votes: 136 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 54 14.2%
  • None

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Gaming console

Votes: 47 12.3%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
What devices do you primarily use for streaming? Do you have an android box like Telkom's LIT or an Apple TV? Or do you rely on a Smart TV or forgo the larger screens in favour of your laptop, tablet, or phone?

newby_investor

Expert Member
For video streaming: Other. Desktop with a 27" screen is my make-shift TV. Have a fairly small lounge area in my flat so it works.

A bigger display would be nice, but I stream so little that it doesn't even justify the monthly R99 for netflix, never mind the up-front purchase of a big TV (I say TV but I really mean display, I'd probably get one of the big Mecer ones if I were thus inclined because I don't want to faff with a TV licence).

For music streaming though, mostly laptop because that's where I sit most of the day...

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
On it's own or connected to a tv?
to TV, I'm permanently connected to my 32" TV as a 2nd monitor with laptop screen shut.
If it's a really good movie I pull out the HDMI and connect the other HDMI to my 55" TV

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Shield on the TV, and occasionally my macbook if I want to watch something in bed

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Oh, ya, I sometimes have the cycling on a second screen during the afternoon during work, but I guess that technically yet another linux laptop.

NabaDwA

Have a raspberry pi running plex connected to a NAS, that doesn’t count as streaming though

Xbox one S with HdMi pass through as my main TV source... I use showmax Netflix and plex on there.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Desktop with a 27" screen is my make-shift TV. Have a fairly small lounge area in my flat so it works.

A bigger display would be nice, but I stream so little that it doesn't even justify the monthly R99 for netflix, never mind the up-front purchase of a big TV (I say TV but I really mean display, I'd probably get one of the big Mecer ones if I were thus inclined because I don't want to faff with a TV licence).

For music streaming though, mostly laptop because that's where I sit most of the day...

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Smart TV's and occasionally stream YouTube to my laptop while in bed.