What do you look for in a Internet Cafe?

sox63

Executive Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
243
Assuming you do make use of Internet Cafes, what to you makes it a bad or good or even a great one.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)
 
professional Service?
Good prices?
ability for not to be RIPPED off...

I don't frequent internet cafe's often but if i do thats what i prefer as well as a bit of privacy(no not to watch porn but just be able to check my emails without someone reading it over my back)

And quietness is a must, not kids playing games next to me screaming their damn heads off!!
 
Privacy,
quality (decent monitor, mouse, chair etc. I don't want to sit there for 3o minutes using a busted mouse, while sitting on a broken chair.)
and good service
 
Virus-free pc's
Decent connection speed
Sort of screens between pc terminals so that you have privacy
 
As mentioned, good chairs, mice and monitors that are cleaned. Last thing I want to do is stare at a screen that is full of prints and that is tol blurry to see through.

Decent computers, locked down so that virii don't spread.

Good lighting is a must too, especially for night times. Don't want eye strain, but don't want super harsh floodlights either
 
all of the above, plus the shop must have a good and clean appearance..

I will not go into a run down, dirty shop, even if it is the last internet cafe left in the area.. I also will not go in if i can see there are smokers inside and you see that haze coming out of the shop (could be "other" smoke i suppose.. :p)
 
No.1

Virus Free!

A couple of years ago I made the mistake of downloading some e-mail attachments (Word docs) from an Internet cafe...

Lo and behold - as soon as I got home my anti-virus started screaming about the infected files.

When I questioned the owner of the cafe about whether he has anti-virus installed on his machines, he vaguely answered 'O I do an anti-virus check on the machines about +- once a week..."
 
over here where i live we have internet cafes/hairdressers so you have your hair done while you pay your accounts. these people are so helpful they even help you with your username and password when you come back to them.
 
Hi,
I always check the Internet speed in first visit then other services.
 
Last edited:
This is what i'd look for:

Broadband internet connection (PC should have atleast 20KB/s on a network)
Fast PC
Good size screen
Privacy
Quiet environment
Must be reasonably priced (Not R60 for 1 hour... The internet cafe in gateway shopping mall charges this price... thats crazy)
 
R30 per hour for

4mbps line..... 400kbps *60* 60 = +- 1.2 -1.5 gig international
more will be better

edited: hope this gives you a tip
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X