What IPTV service is best?

Hi, I'm looking at getting a premium IPTV service. I'm getting uncapped 100mbps fibre connection and want to cut the cord from DStv.

I have 2 questions:

1. What IPTV services do you recommend?
  2. Do I need a VPN?

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Shellyb1

Expert Member
FabTv sucks. Stay away from them. Have a 50/5 fibre connection and it freezes every few seconds.

I had ripper TV. That worked well but there was some issues when I tried to renew. Decided to try Fab and I regret that.

Content between the two was the same.

Edit: on point 2... No VPN required.

James_D

I have been off DSTV for a whole year and i stream over 1000 channels in HD quality as well as having an access to VOD including movies and series. It's been rock solid and the only thing that it requires is fibre line (50 MB recommended). The only issue was that these guys initially supported only smart TV's produced by Samsung or LG but now they have produced their own .apk app for android that one can install and you connect straight into the network. Once i have tasted what real quality product is i will never go back to this rubbish that they call "premium" package. Total ripoff from you know who...

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I have been off DSTV for a whole year and i stream over 1000 channels in HD quality as well as having an access to VOD including movies and series. It's been rock solid and the only thing that it requires is fibre line (50 MB recommended). The only issue was that these guys initially supported only smart TV's produced by Samsung or LG but now they have produced their own .apk app for android that one can install and you connect straight into the network. Once i have tasted what real quality product is i will never go back to this rubbish that they call "premium" package. Total ripoff from you know who...
Perhaps mention which service you are using :rolleyes:

James_D

Sounds fishy. Is it a company or a person supplying this wonderful service?
If you go on Facebook and search for "one nation support group" and look up Adam John you will see hundreds of recommendations for him. I have two subscriptions from him and i can honestly say he is been nothing but great. Service runs smooth and solid. Don't take my word for it, just read it all there... He is based out of U.K.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
All UK channels - BBC, Sky, Discovery, History, MTV, etc.
US - ABC, CW, History, Discovery, MTV, ESPN, etc.
Movies on Demand

Does have it's problems now and again, but support is good.
Thanks, just a pity they don't have an app i could just use on my tv. Moved away from media boxes/htpc's a while ago.

Christo4

In the meantime the following: Around 1 000 channels.
USA mostly HD and FHD.
UK the same but also some SD.
Channels from Canada, Australia, etc.
Bein sports..
TV comedy, drama, reality, top 50 movies, crime, etc.
Samsung Smart Tv = smart iptv app. Free for 7 days and then a once of payment. R5.49 Eur.
For PC I use Vlc.
Android I use GSE IPTV APP.
You can also use it on kodi. Not for me so no info.
I have telkom 4mb adsl line. I stream sd with no buffering..
For streaning the rest you need 10mb but preferably 20mb.
Yes sometimes some channels are down like the last 2 days but they are quick to fix it and keep you updated.
Month to month R150.