what is the record - pdv vs hm

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
HM lost against Japan first game in RWC2015.

and we dropped to 6th place in World Rankings.

Last edited:

bavuma_rabada

In total Heyneke Meyer has played Australia&New Zealand 14 times and lost 9 of those. That's very bad.

True, Peter de Villiers has a negative head-to-head against Australia, but he still managed to beat them 53-8, 29-17, 32-25 and 44-31. Pretty impressive in my view, before we even consider his exploits vs All Blacks and the British&Irish Lions. Can you see Meyer scoring 40+ against the All Black or Wallabies? Bear in mind that the Springboks have players with the abilities to do that, but can they do it with Meyer in charge tomorrow or PdV in charge?

This is what Oregan Hoskins said when PdV was appointed "We have made the appointment and taken into account the issue of transformation when we made it. I don't think that tarnishes Peter; I'm just being honest with our country". Crone Krige added "We have seven lean years ahead." Other senior coaches refused to work with PdV.

Heynek Meyer was lauded by the media plus fans, and many contenders were salivating at the prospect of assiting him as part of his technical department.

I can understand PdV's pain, arrogance and OTT comments now that Heyneke is under the kosh.

Crucially PdV had this to say:
"What I've learned in South Africa is that if you take your car to a garage where the owner is a black man and he messes up then you'll never go back to that garage again. If the owner's a white man you say, 'ah, he made a mistake', and you go back."

Listening to Mbalula and a number of senior people within SARU, was PdV wrong? Heyneke's contract offer strongly suggests otherwise.

Who manages to lose to Australia twice, New Zealand twice, Ireland, Wales, Argentina and Japan within a year, and leave an entire country nervous ahead of a match against Samoa? Only an utterly useless coach can achieve that feat.

Coaching Record - Peter de Villiers

Coaching Record - Heyneke Meyer

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
This is what Oregan Hoskins said when PdV was appointed "We have made the appointment and taken into account the issue of transformation when we made it. I don't think that tarnishes Peter; I'm just being honest with our country". Corne Krige added "We have seven lean years ahead." Other senior coaches refused to work with PdV.

some other comments by Corne included that 70% of the players wanted HM as the coach.

haven't seen any comments from him lately about HM.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Peter was always a great coach loved him and his quirks. People were just plain racist to him in the beginning, others till the end.

George Cloney

Also, we're a lot more consistent under Heyneke, since we're coached properly, and you can see it. OK, Ireland was a pretty bad blip, but it doesn't happen that much these days, and the players showed against England that it wasn't much more than complacency.
Can definitely see it. More 'bad blips'

Vegeta

Executive Member
Can definitely see it. More 'bad blips'
Haha the white dude can't do anything wrong can he? He just has "bad blips" lmao. When we lost any game under PdV even if the game didn't matter it was because we appointed a quota coach apparently, when we won it was luck. We're really a messed up people...

Personally I don't think HM is a bad coach(average maybe) but I think it's great that this episode reveals our racist feelings to ourselves.

Last edited:

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
Personally I don't HM is a bad coach(average maybe) but I think it's great that this episode reveals our racist feelings to ourselves.

yeah, starting to look like a well-scripted episode of the Twilight Zone.

if we don't win the RWC - blame PDV , ANC , Quotas , Zane Kirschner and minimal blame to HM.

if we win - HM , Jean De Villiers, Matfield will become SA legends.

Werner Harding

Peter was always a great coach loved him and his quirks. People were just plain racist to him in the beginning, others till the end.

WTF!? the only good thing about him was his snor other than that he is just as kark if not more than HM. He did nothing to impress me in the 4 years he was coach.

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
I wouldn't say P. Divvy was a great coach but he did well and was fun at press conferences. He definitely didn't get enough respect given his record against the All Blacks and the way the ref knocked us out of the last world cup.

thestaggy

Honorary Master

You mean the quirks that saw him drag his and the Boks' name through the mud in front of a global audience?

The man was a toolbag and HM is a man that plays 10-year old rugby. Neither of them are anything to talk about.

I wouldn't say P. Divvy was a great coach but he did well and was fun at press conferences. He definitely didn't get enough respect given his record against the All Blacks and the way the ref knocked us out of the last world cup.

We had 80% (or at least two-thirds) of the possession in that game, we should not have been relying on the referee to win.

Last edited:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
What are you referring to? Absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I suggest you review his antics in front of the press. Some of those ''quirks'' you speak of caused SARU's public relations department an endless amount of headaches and caused friction between SARU and other rugby bodies.

This, in my opinion, is why he has not received a high profile job either here or abroard. He is a PR nightmare and on the whole, his coaching cannot make up for it.

Vegeta

Executive Member
I suggest you review his antics in front of the press. Some of those ''quirks'' you speak of caused SARU's public relations department an endless amount of headaches and caused friction between SARU and other rugby bodies.

This, in my opinion, is why he has not received a high profile job either here or abroard. He is a PR nightmare and on the whole, his coaching cannot make up for it.
Haha always thought it was hilarious, people are so uptight.