What new stunt is this, Rain?

lotus123

I'm on the uncapped LTE package, so I top up with a gig now and then for peak hour use.

When the balance drops to aroud 200-300mb, Rain cuts off access during peak hours for me, and shows an available balance of 0.00gb. However, the next morning, the balance is back to ~200mb but that night the same thing happens again (and in the morning the balance returns).

I've tried clearing this up with Rain and the conversation with the support person just ends up nowhere (portion of transcript attached for your amusement).

Anyone else experience this data balance problem?

le: you are on the unlimited off peak plan, and your limit only allows you to connect between 23:00 to 18: hours, the gig limit set has been depleted
: No, it hasn't. That's the point of this query. There's 220mb left. Just checked the dashboard again. That keeps going to zero during peak so I can't use it, then it comes back later. I want that problem fixed now.
: Visitor uploaded: Annotation-2020-03-27-084715.png URL: https://v2uploads.zopim.io/I/Z/B/IZBtJw9ckxtlpJqZAOYP0hZJsux4lj05/46d4fb8e0857866ed77f52b6032444764e94e4d6.png Type: image/png Size: 35768
: This shows the current balance. Not zero.
le: Graham, 0.22 GB means the balance is less than a gig
Graham: Exactly, but not zero or depleted. I still have 220mb left. Why can't I use that?
e: you can use that but during the peak hours, and yo might not get the full speed due to the data size remaining....it will slow down

Crumbl0x

and yo might not get the full speed due to the data size remaining....it will slow down
rain shaping confirmed!!, the more data you have, the more exponentially higher your speed, but I can't seem to engage my petabyte per second on unlimited tho :p

almorgs

I never had it this bad when I was on the offpeak uncapped. But my balances did change from day to day. Some days it would say I had like 700mb left, then the next day it would be like 1.2GB and then next day it would be 800mb and then on day 3 after having not used the internet it would suddenly be depleted.

I went away for the weekend a couple weeks ago and managed to use 2GB with no one home. The only connected device was my google home and I doubt thats going to use 2GB without it streaming anything. I've never been convinced at the accuracy of RAINs data monitoring.

I'm on the 24/7 uncapped package now so at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

HartsockZA

I just laugh my ass off to this lte and all the rest. I have a client that just pulled 700Gigs in the space of a week during this lockdown, they're as happy as pig in ****.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I just laugh my ass off to this lte and all the rest. I have a client that just pulled 700Gigs in the space of a week during this lockdown, they're as happy as pig in ****.
Making things miserable for the rest. He's probably patting himself on the back.