What phone should I get???

When I get a phone the cost is the last thing on my mind. I want a good phone and thats it. The only thing better in a N82 is the flash. In my opinion they can make phones without a camera.
 
When I get a phone the cost is the last thing on my mind. I want a good phone and thats it. The only thing better in a N82 is the flash. In my opinion they can make phones without a camera.

Not really an answer to my question Piesang but if cost is not an issue then I suppose you could just fork out for the latest even if it offers no real improvement.....
 
16GB memory
Much bigger screen
Much better UI
Supports more multimedia formats

Thats why they call it the Nokia Flagship.

I screen is .4 inches longer
The UI has just that FPack 2 added, which is just novelty, other than that the phone is the same
MM format support can be achieved through software installed on the phone.
So then, the extra 100pmx24=2400 is for the 16GB storage, .4 inches more screen and FP2

hmmmm, nice to have, but still nothing major different to the previous Nokias
 
Ok, I didnt really want to do this but it looks like you guys don't have access to GSMARENA. :rolleyes:

N96 - Released 2008, September
N82 - Released 2007, November (1 year difference in cellphone technology is HUGE)

N96 - 2.8 inches
N82 - 2.4 inches (Ask your wife, that .4 inches makes a difference)

N96 - 16 GB internal memory
N82 - 100 MB internal memory (15,9GB is already worth the R100 per month)

N96 - Dual ARM 9 264 MHz CPU
N82 - ARM 11 332 MHz processor (:rolleyes:)

N96 - HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
N82 - HSDPA, 1.8 Mbps

N96 - Symbian OS 9.3, S60 rel. 3.2
N82 - Symbian OS 9.2, S60 rel. 3.1

N96 - DVB-H TV broadcast receiver
N82 - ??

I'll pay R200 per month more for the N96 if I have to. Even R300. But luckily I'll pay the same for my N96 that you pay for you N82. ;)
 
Ok, I didnt really want to do this but it looks like you guys don't have access to GSMARENA. :rolleyes:

N96 - Released 2008, September
N82 - Released 2007, November (1 year difference in cellphone technology is HUGE)

N96 - 2.8 inches
N82 - 2.4 inches (Ask your wife, that .4 inches makes a difference)

N96 - 16 GB internal memory
N82 - 100 MB internal memory (15,9GB is already worth the R100 per month)

N96 - Dual ARM 9 264 MHz CPU
N82 - ARM 11 332 MHz processor (:rolleyes:)

N96 - HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
N82 - HSDPA, 1.8 Mbps

N96 - Symbian OS 9.3, S60 rel. 3.2
N82 - Symbian OS 9.2, S60 rel. 3.1

N96 - DVB-H TV broadcast receiver
N82 - ??

I'll pay R200 per month more for the N96 if I have to. Even R300. But luckily I'll pay the same for my N96 that you pay for you N82. ;)

N96 is definatley the better phone. They both have 3.6Mbs btw.
The difference in price is HUGE HUGE!!!
 
N82 - 239 on anytime 200
N96 - 359 on anytime 200

thats 120 more pm

you also forgot to compare the fact that the N82 still has the best camera. But if imaging is not part of your criteria, then I guess it doesnt matter
 
N82 - 239 on anytime 200
N96 - 359 on anytime 200

thats 120 more pm

you also forgot to compare the fact that the N82 still has the best camera. But if imaging is not part of your criteria, then I guess it doesnt matter

Yip, that's correct. I don't worry about the camera feature in a cellphone.
 
U can get the Samsung SGH-G810 for 159 pm it has all the N96 except the 16gb hdd.
 
N82 - 239 on anytime 200
N96 - 359 on anytime 200

thats 120 more pm

you also forgot to compare the fact that the N82 still has the best camera. But if imaging is not part of your criteria, then I guess it doesnt matter

:eek::eek:Woweee thats good, MTNs got a good price...
They both have 5MP cams with the same res, the flash is only better at night.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X