What to do in Cape Town today?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Been awake since 3am due to the neighbour's damn dog barking. :rolleyes:
To top it off my hayfever kicks in with a vengeance...

Anyway, after a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee.
I am now faced with decisions on what to do for the day.
Great day out, was considering starting off with reading the newspaper on the beach.
But what then?
Have a poker game lined up for later this afternoon with some friends, but it feels like a damn shame to throw away such a beautiful morning.

Need to get smokes...

Suggestions?

Gazer

Expert Member
I'd kill to live near the sea. Take a surfboard and catch some waves...lie on the beach and wiggle your toes in the sand...sit on a rock and watch the waves...you have many more options than us people inland.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Well I found my pack of smokes :p
Neighbour's dog has gone to sleep now - bugger.
Think I'll start off with that newspaper on the beach...

Now just to muster the strength to get out of here :D

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Go explore the Cape Point Reserve. :)
Now that's a plan! :)
Last time I'd been there was with my high school's hiking club! :eek:
And during that stay we never made it to the actual Point, ended up hiking various other parts of the park.

Great idea BTTB.
Scanning to see where I can go and pick up a Cape Town Wild Card.
R45 gets you 12 entries into local parks at discounted rates if you reside in Cape Town.
So entry into the Cape Point Reserve would be R5 instead of the usual R55!
Sounds like a deal to me and more of an incentive to go and visit again.

More on the Cape Town Wild Card:
Cape Town Wild Card
What can one get nowadays for R 5 pp? How about the entrance to one of Cape Town s tourism destination? Come to Cape Point for only R 5pp (instead of R 55pp)!

South African National Parks is proud to present Cape Town's Wild Card. This unique card, exclusively available to citizens of Cape Town, offers affordable access to the Table Mountain National Park. A Cape Town residential address will qualify a person to buy Cape Town's WILD Card. The card will also be used as a permit system for recreational users in Table Mountain National Park. The card costs R45 and gives the purchaser 12 entry credits per year to any of the following pay points in Table Mountain National Park: the Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point), Boulders Penguin Colony and Silvermine as well as the Newlands, Oudekraal and Perdekloof picnic sites. The card is a smart card and on purchase the identity number of the purchaser will be loaded onto the card. As it operates on a 12 entry credit system there are a variety of ways in which it can be used within defined parameters.

Contact (+27) (0) 780 9010 for more info or visit www.wildinafrica.com

BTTB

Hi S&B

You can get a Wild Card at SANParks Tokai. Contact Details here. I would phone to see if they are open.

No need to buy a Wild Card if you are only going for a day trip. You can just pay the full fee at the gate for one day, but as you mentioned they have an option for a ticket that gives you a dozen entries for a reduced fee.
You could buy the ticket in the Reserve, but then you would have to pay the Gate Fee first to get in.
Phone them for more info.

You could map out your route to buy the ticket at Tokai and then go over Ou Kaapse Weg through to Glencairn and then through Simonstown along the False Bay coast line.

Enjoy your day whatever you decide.
I have to work.

Regards,
BTTB.

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
I see that there is an office in Muizenburg as well - which is on the way - will call ahead first ;)

I think I'll get the Wild Card and it'll stare at me when I'm bored and lethargic and will remind me that there is a way to have a good day out.

As I sneezed for the 2000th time this morning - I find myself wondering if it is a good idea to go out "in the wild".
I've heard that pollen counts in CT have been freakishly high - I can attest to that by the constant discomfort I've had these last few weeks.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
use your smokes to burn the paper then throw it over the wall where the neighbours dog is. while the place is burning go to the Cape Point Nature Reserve and when you come back the neighbours and their barking dog would have moved out, tomorrow you will sleep like a baby with no barking dog waking you up.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
use your smokes to burn the paper then throw it over the wall where the neighbours dog is. while the place is burning go to the Cape Point Nature Reserve and when you come back the neighbours and their barking dog would have moved out, tomorrow you will sleep like a baby with no barking dog waking you up.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.
preferably the neighbours
Fixed that for ya ;)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Been awake since 3am due to the neighbour's damn dog barking. :rolleyes:
To top it off my hayfever kicks in with a vengeance...

Anyway, after a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee.
I am now faced with decisions on what to do for the day.
Great day out, was considering starting off with reading the newspaper on the beach.
But what then?
Have a poker game lined up for later this afternoon with some friends, but it feels like a damn shame to throw away such a beautiful morning.

Need to get smokes...

Suggestions?
what to do today? Visit a ENT and get your allergies sorted out. :D

Until last year I had the most hectic allergies - my missus made an appointment despite my protests that it was a futile exercise and within a month they were under control for the first time ever.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
what to do today? Visit a ENT and get your allergies sorted out. :D

Until last year I had the most hectic allergies - my missus made an appointment despite my protests that it was a futile exercise and within a month they were under control for the first time ever.
Hehe I'm also one of those blokes who reckon there's nothing that will help.
I've tried meds, but they end up making me drowsy and I can't function at full steam.

Perhaps it is something to look at - I've been paying medical aid all this time and not made use of it. May as well give it a go some time soon.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hehe I'm also one of those blokes who reckon there's nothing that will help.
I've tried meds, but they end up making me drowsy and I can't function at full steam.

Perhaps it is something to look at - I've been paying medical aid all this time and not made use of it. May as well give it a go some time soon.
I'm on a nasal spray called Nasonex and a pill called Deselex - no drowsiness. :)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I take it no prescription is needed for Deselex?
I think there is but for me it was the nasal spray that made all the difference. i only use the Deselex on particularly bad days.

MrSmith

I am all most sure you do not need a prescription for Deselex.
IMHO sneezing all day makes you even more drowsy and tied than the meds.

You can also get WildCards from any www.capestorm.co.za shop.

Enjoy.