What to do with your e-tag?

j4ck455

Executive Member
Return for full refund?
Everyone that bought an etag and signed their lives away to the SANRAL beast should return their etags.

SANRAL does get the last laugh though since people will only get their money back up to 60 days later (or longer than that I suspect).

Sonic2k

Executive Member
Donate tag to me for current "research and development"

CeeBee

Expert Member
i never got the SANRAL e-tag, had the Bakwena e-tag for N1/N4 since last year, just linked prepaid account to the Gauteng system, so that the e-tag will work on the new gantrys too... still no wish to turn it in... I still use it every single workday for the N4 and Zambesi tollgates, zooming past the line of cars waiting to go through the toll gate. especially in the afternoons, in peak traffic, there's a long line of cars, while the e-taggers just drive through the e-tag only lane :)
Also works on the N1 North passed Zambesi to Warmbaths etc.
they just need to add this function to more tollgates.

Saajid

Expert Member
I'm sure someone can come up with a more creative and imaginative use for these devices. Perhaps open them up, and use the electronics inside for something else?

If I was stupid enough to get one in the first place, perhaps I would've made this a little project of mine. But there is no way I'm supporting this e-toll crap, not even for creative R&D.

mktben

etag hoax

I hava a "Bakwena" etag... We drove past one of the socalled new sanrall gates and my tag made a beep sound... WHAT DOES THIS MEAN... Did they take my money?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Those morons who bought into this scam should be made to wear these e-tags around their necks as a cowbell of shame! :D

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I'm sure someone can come up with a more creative and imaginative use for these devices. Perhaps open them up, and use the electronics inside for something else?

If I was stupid enough to get one in the first place, perhaps I would've made this a little project of mine. But there is no way I'm supporting this e-toll crap, not even for creative R&D.
There are a few useful parts.. a nice piezo sounder.. a cool lithium battery. .. two crystals and two useful microwave diodes