What's for lunch?

Had the Beyond Burger. It's nice, but that's the last time I pay R120 for a burger (without chips). I can't beleive there's vegans out there so desperate for a burger they're willing to pay for something like this more than once. At this price its a novelty item.
 
Had the Beyond Burger. It's nice, but that's the last time I pay R120 for a burger (without chips). I can't beleive there's vegans out there so desperate for a burger they're willing to pay for something like this more than once. At this price its a novelty item.
I think my sister paid like R150 for it at Spur... Ermmmmm
 
Funnily enough - not an absolute fan of the beyond burger yet. I prefer the chickpea ones that Rocomomas used to have. Quorn is better than Frys in my opinion but the rest of the family disagrees.

Beans on toast with a veggie hotdog chopped up. Nandos garlic sauce added and dried chili flakes sprinkled on top.
 
Funnily enough - not an absolute fan of the beyond burger yet. I prefer the chickpea ones that Rocomomas used to have. Quorn is better than Frys in my opinion but the rest of the family disagrees.

Beans on toast with a veggie hotdog chopped up. Nandos garlic sauce added and dried chili flakes sprinkled on top.
Well that's because Quorn is another type of fungus that's used to make their food. I think it tastes pretty good actually, I like the Linda Mccartney quarter pounder patties.
 
Well that's because Quorn is another type of fungus that's used to make their food. I think it tastes pretty good actually, I like the Linda Mccartney quarter pounder patties.
I like the ones with mozzarella in. :laugh:
 
I like the ones with mozzarella in. :laugh:
Quorn or Linda Mccartney? I should look for those? Only reason I've tried any veggie meals is my niece has become vegatarian and doesn't like too much chicken so when she visits we get those meals. Some have been good some are miss.
 
Quorn or Linda Mccartney? I should look for those? Only reason I've tried any veggie meals is my niece has become vegatarian and doesn't like too much chicken so when she visits we get those meals. Some have been good some are miss.
The Linda Mccartney ones. There are very nice veggie meals. You can do so much with the strips too.
 
The Linda Mccartney ones. There are very nice veggie meals. You can do so much with the strips too.
Yup and most of hers actually taste good, Fry's is hit and miss more often miss.
 
Yup and most of hers actually taste good, Fry's is hit and miss more often miss.
You have to remember with Frys it doesn't really need to cook for long, just some browning for colour. Add sauces and they definitely become better. But I try and limit soya because of the mixed information regarding cancer and lack of testosterone.
 
You have to remember with Frys it doesn't really need to cook for long, just some browning for colour. Add sauces and they definitely become better. But I try and limit soya because of the mixed information regarding cancer and lack of testosterone.
I really can't do that much soya anymore, my dad went through a soya phase so we had a lot of Frys and such, lentils, beans, mushrooms, eggplants and chickpeas I don't mind. Though I'm a full on omnivore I do like some vegetarian meals, just don't get how they can sometimes cost twice as much.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X