What's for lunch?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I bought sushi for everyone and I'm the only one that got sick. I won't eat it again for now. I think will just stay away from fish a bit.
Sounds like it might not have been the fish. As if it was, it would have been everyone??

cavedog

Honorary Master
Sounds like it might not have been the fish. As if it was, it would have been everyone??

Yeah I don't think it was but the experience of running to the loo non stop and picking pieces of seaweed from inside my nose wasn't pleasant. I think I just need some time off.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah I don't think it was but the experience of running to the loo non stop and picking pieces seaweed from my nose wasn't pleasant. I think I just need some time off.
Maybe you're a mermaid.

Last edited:

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
That went a lot easier than I thought. 30 pieces of trout maki for around R90 with the burny avo sauce here at home, and I stayed semi sober throughout the entire thing. I eventually used my sushi plate after 12 years, thanx @Other Pineapple Smurf

Loads of concentration. The rice is the most important thing, you must not **** that up. It is crucial, stay sober the entire time. The rest is just rolling a big ass fat spliff even a hobo could do it

View attachment 1235232

View attachment 1235234

View attachment 1235236

View attachment 1235238

View attachment 1235240

View attachment 1235242

View attachment 1235302

View attachment 1235244
Awesome.

Yeah on the rice you need to wash it like crazy and soak it. I often do it the night before. I use the rice cooker that Ozzie Pineapple Smurf gave me. Makes the ultimate rice with no having to check on it. (The Instant Pot is just as good).

I buy all my supplies from Lion Square Spar.

Cray

Honorary Master
I'm so over sushi...

Only just started enjoying. We had sushi on the 30st of December 2021. It was soooo nice until it was time for bed at 11pm. I got so sick didn't sleep and went to the Dr for a injection. New years ruined.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Awesome.

Yeah on the rice you need to wash it like crazy and soak it. I often do it the night before. I use the rice cooker that Ozzie Pineapple Smurf gave me. Makes the ultimate rice with no having to check on it. (The Instant Pot is just as good).

I buy all my supplies from Lion Square Spar.
Yeah the rice is crucial
Luckily I got it bang on right first time on the stove, with no burns.
Will go check that Spar out

EMAM

Honorary Master
Yeah the rice is crucial
Luckily I got it bang on right first time on the stove, with no burns.
Will go check that Spar out
Just go to China town Sable square....literally around the corner from your work....and you'll pay a tenth of what you pay at spar....there's a grocery shop there

randomcat

Expert Member
Got ma free earphones.

How they actually sound is another story.

View attachment 1235734
View attachment 1235736
63dsas.jpg

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Yeah the rice is crucial
I hate cooking rice. Neither me or my partner can do it. We either burn it, or it comes out stodgy and clumpy (yes, we do rinse during the cooking process). My sister on the other hand is good at cooking rice. She learnt from my mom I think. I just never got the hang of it. But it is OK. For me rice can be replaced with paste in most cases. Even with a curry I prefer pasta anyway. I am not a big rice fan. My partner is though.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I hate cooking rice. Neither me or my partner can do it. We either burn it, or it comes out stodgy and clumpy (yes, we do rinse during the cooking process). My sister on the other hand is good at cooking rice. She learnt from my mom I think. I just never got the hang of it. But it is OK. For me rice can be replaced with paste in most cases. Even with a curry I prefer pasta anyway. I am not a big rice fan. My partner is though.
I am so proud of last nights rice, not 1 single grain stuck to the pot.
Cooking rice is an art, and I am still learning

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Self backed crackers with cheese. Just took them out from drying out... not bad for attempt 1.0

Ok so it is more like snacking before lunching. lol.

/picks excluded.