Which retailer rewards programme do you use the most?

Which retailer rewards programme do you use the most?

• Checkers Xtra Savings

Votes: 157 58.1%
  • Pick n Pay Smartshopper

Votes: 106 39.3%
  • Woolworths WRewards

Votes: 66 24.4%
  • Clicks Club Card

Votes: 82 30.4%
  • SPAR Rewards

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Dis-Chem Benefits

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Marko mCard

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • None

Votes: 20 7.4%

• Total voters

MartinGB

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
With so many on offer, which retailer rewards programme do you use the most?

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
Every once in a while I get a Clicks voucher. I never go to Clicks so they must accumulate through osmosis or something.

But I mostly use Smartshopper purely because I frequent PnP the most

EvoX

None, but I’ve used other people’s at PnP and Checkers cards, the price difference and discounts are huge on some items.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
To add. OK and Spar are also both rewarding. Special mention goes to them. Though they can be more expensive than other supermarkets at times.

TheoJ1

Spread between Spar, Checkers and Dischem, depending on what I want and muy shopping route.

ProvoZA

I use Checkers most as it is also linked to my eBucks from FNB and their prices are the best. The Clicks card at Engen also gives points and I can accumulate eBucks. I use the PnP card as is is the closest to home and with the price of fuel, I use it for smaller purchases. Month end is definitely Checkers. And at my age, medication is bought mostly from Clicks.
I do have a Woolies, Makro and Dis-Chem card, but only use them very occasionally. I also have a Builders Warehouse card, which I use on Wednesdays ,if I find that they are cheaper than Checkers, which doesn't happen often. The reason I mention Wednesday is that pensioners get a discount on that day.

senpai

Clicks and Xtra Savings. Clicks has a wide variety of partners so it's easy to accumulate points and enjoy benefits like the monthly in-store vouchers. Checkers Xtra Savings appears to be the best compared to PnP Smart Shopper. The fact that it's not a points based system makes it way more appealing and the savings are massive.

darrenc

I use Stocard and Samsung Pay which means I have quick and easy access to all store cards. Checkers and Clicks seem most worthwhile. Also, Spar stickers are great. We own Pots and Pans, glass containers and are now working on a smart set of knives..

Tman543

Clicks and checkers combo, and then ebucks for the cherry on top. Simple as that.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
hmmm, let's see:

Checkers Xtra Savings - frequently shop there and the fact that it is solely focused on instant discount without any points system is actually a plus

Pick n Pay Smartshopper - don't even have the card

Woolworths WRewards - don't even know why I have the card, never seem to get any decent benefit

Clicks Club Card - it accumulates points, the wife uses it, couldn't care less myself

SPAR Rewards - don't even have the card

Dis-Chem Benefits - it accumulates points, the wife uses it, couldn't care less myself

Marko mCard - only have the card because it is a condition for shopping at Makro, never seen any benefit from it

SAguy

Executive Member
You can use an app such ass Stocard to keep them virtually on your phone.
I don't carry around any rewards cards in my wallet.
Only have them in my phone.
Never had an issue using them
Do you then scan a barcode on your screen at the till?