Whisk(e)y Lovers thread

Luben

I've had these at Bottega. I also own 2 bottles of the 6.2.

The .1 of the series is quite raw and captures the essence of the Octomore. The. 2 of the series is travel retail Exclusive series. Then they start experimenting with the rest of the series. I really enjoyed the 7.4 which I tasted at one of the Wade Bales events.

KantSnyer

You will be very pleasantly surprised.

I bought one bottle because of the special and because I had never tried Auchentoshan before. Today I have ordered my 4th bottle.
Thanks think I'll take the plunge and order then, haven't got a Lowlands in the collection yet:thumbsup:

KantSnyer

Pleasure. Next time u see a good deal at Makro drop us a message on the group.
Will do, this was more of a haggle with the manager at liquor, they had stock sitting in the back with no containers on display on the shelves. Managed to convince him to let it go cheap;)

Luben

Will do, this was more of a haggle with the manager at liquor, they had stock sitting in the back with no containers on display on the shelves. Managed to convince him to let it go cheap;)
Based upon your picture, are you starting a Campbeltown collection?

KantSnyer

Based upon your picture, are you starting a Campbeltown collection?
Hasn't been that long since the whisky bug bit so quite new to me still but Campbeltown is my fav so far, looking at having a whisky from each region in the collection just need a good Lowlands now.

Luben

Hasn't been that long since the whisky bug bit so quite new to me still but Campbeltown is my fav so far, looking at having a whisky from each region in the collection just need a good Lowlands now.
Auchentoshan is a Lowlands distillery and the American Oak from Bottleshop is at an excellent price...... If you can look past the fact that it's triple distilled.