Why are HDMI connectors dissapearing from TV's?

ian16th

Active Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
62
Reaction score
16
Location
Lower South Coast KZN
I have a Sony 40EX400 TV that is now about 4 years old, it has 4 HDMI connectors plus RCA/Component connectors.

I use 3 of the 4 HDMI i/p's so I only have 1 spare for 'future expansion', 'cos I don't know what is being invented!

I am now in the market for a 'bedroom TV', a 32" job, but they all seem to be short of HDMI i/p connectors.

Why?
 
Because TV manufacturers also happen to sell Home Entertainment Systems. They only recently figured this out, it seems. :D
 
I recently had to purchase a new set, it's not the cheap ones that have low connectors but the better manufacturers low end ones, see below:

32" Hisense: 2 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-axial , 1 x RGB, 1 x VGA
32" Coby : 4 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-aial , 1 x RGB , 1 x VGA
32" Sansui: 3 x HDMI
32" Samsung: 1 x HDMI

As to who needs 4 HDMI's , current setup, 1 x Medi8er, 1 x Roku , 1 x Sattelite Decoder and you could easily go 1 x Blu-ray.
 
I recently had to purchase a new set, it's not the cheap ones that have low connectors but the better manufacturers low end ones, see below:

32" Hisense: 2 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-axial , 1 x RGB, 1 x VGA
32" Coby : 4 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-aial , 1 x RGB , 1 x VGA
32" Sansui: 3 x HDMI
32" Samsung: 1 x HDMI

As to who needs 4 HDMI's , current setup, 1 x Medi8er, 1 x Roku , 1 x Sattelite Decoder and you could easily go 1 x Blu-ray.

I use one HDMI port in my 3 year old Sammy, that's from AVR to TV and it's all I need.
 
I recently had to purchase a new set, it's not the cheap ones that have low connectors but the better manufacturers low end ones, see below:

32" Hisense: 2 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-axial , 1 x RGB, 1 x VGA
32" Coby : 4 x HDMI , 1 x RCA , 1 x co-aial , 1 x RGB , 1 x VGA
32" Sansui: 3 x HDMI
32" Samsung: 1 x HDMI

As to who needs 4 HDMI's , current setup, 1 x Medi8er, 1 x Roku , 1 x Sattelite Decoder and you could easily go 1 x Blu-ray.

Add another for Playstation :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X