Why do people smoke?

Peder

Hobbit
This is a simple question which i might burn my fingers on but why do people smoke?

I cannot in my mind find a reason why you can smoke, and then also why do cigarette buts have to lie all over the place?

rwenzori

Honorary Master
The big issue is why do people start. Once you have started, it is an addiction, like others, and it is very hard to stop and is also lekker! That first pull in the morning with a cup of coffee, and you feel the buzz coursing through your veins LOL!

I started through group pressure I suppose. In matric I got "promoted" and it was expected for prefects to smoke in the prefect's common room. I did give the finger to a number of school customs and traditions, but sadly not this one.

Havva Texan old boy!

:)

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
The big issue is why do people start. Once you have started, it is an addiction, like others, and it is very hard to stop and is also lekker! That first pull in the morning with a cup of coffee, and you feel the buzz coursing through your veins LOL!

I started through group pressure I suppose. In matric I got "promoted" and it was expected for prefects to smoke in the prefect's common room. I did give the finger to a number of school customs and traditions, but sadly not this one.

Havva Texan old boy!

ha ha my dad smoked Texan plain back in the day.

Peder

Hobbit
so its mostly peer pressure?

What about people around you and the thousands of rands you waste smoking?

Alan

Honorary Master

Havva Texan old boy!

Pity you didn't have the strength to resist. Perhaps faith might have helped you

:D

Devill

Damned
I like smoking and I must say I find that im not to addicted to it after almost 10 years of smoking.

I don't smoke in my car, my house or at work. I also don't smoke alone. But over weekends I smoke around 40.

I started because I believe in "try almost everything once", I liked it :p:D

Peder

Hobbit
the thing i can't understand is just that it damages your lungs and sometimes is quite frustrating and stinky to everyone around you. Do you guys think of that?