Why is Lion beer so cheap?

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Efficient is those R74.99 bottles of vodka/cane/gin.

Never tried one of those, did do a R100 bottle of rum once, was awful, and had seen someone add a R39 bottle of Vodka to some punch, tasted suspiciously the same way a hospital smells.

Anyway If I can can get a lekker buzz in with 12 beers vs 24, I'm not complaining.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Just bought a Lion quart for 11 bucks. The price is right, now to see if its drinkable after years of Castle.

grok

Honorary Master
Just bought a Lion quart for 11 bucks. The price is right, now to see if its drinkable after years of Castle.
You might have overpaid..
a58730521778e14df9119531a7637b3f.jpg

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I've been through 2 cases in the last 2 weeks, quite like it, this from a Windhoek Draught drinker.

They go down way too quick. Also a Windhoek Draught fan, here. I was also a big Lion (No.17) drinker, back in the 90's, before they ****ed it up and brought us that blue and silver cans.

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
They go down way too quick. Also a Windhoek Draught fan, here. I was also a big Lion (No.17) drinker, back in the 90's, before they ****ed it up and brought us that blue and silver cans.

I need to take the cases back, got 4 already stacked for return. I see what your saying about them going down quick, if I buy a 6 pack of Windhoek I'll have 3 usually with dinner and then go to bed, these I don't know why I'm doing 6 for some reason, maybe just like it.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Interesting. I bought at PnP Liquor in PTA. Maybe a misprice?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Our recycle bin is filled to the brim with these empties!!! :(

My problem is I buy a few quarts after work here in Bellville since half the time the Tops close to me in Kraaifontein is out of stock. Those dutchmen over there buy these fscking things by the case load!

jdido87

Expert Member
How does it compare to the Castle Lite. I generally get a hangover from other beers.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
How does it compare to the Castle Lite. I generally get a hangover from other beers.
Been a while since I've had beer, just had two quarts Sunday and then had a headache Monday morning. Maybe it was because of the long abstinence or maybe it was the lion roaring. I'll try one more time this weekend, if same story then I'll go back to Hansa.

jdido87

Expert Member
Been a while since I've had beer, just had two quarts Sunday and then had a headache Monday morning. Maybe it was because of the long abstinence or maybe it was the lion roaring. I'll try one more time this weekend, if same story then I'll go back to Hansa.
I think I will give it a go tonight or tomorrow night with some steak on the fire. I don't drink much beer but if it's not too bad I will buy a few trays for when I have guests who mostly drink beer.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I think I will give it a go tonight or tomorrow night with some steak on the fire. I don't drink much beer but if it's not too bad I will buy a few trays for when I have guests who mostly drink beer.
Trays of cans?

Oddly enough the bottles are cheaper.

At Pnp, 6 pack of 500ml cans is priced R69. Meaning R11.50 for a 500ml can.

A 750ml bottle is R10 excl deposit. So you're better off buying the bottles.