WiFi Mesh recommendation

Suspect99

Executive Member
If you can run a cable between 2 access points that will always be better than mesh. Mesh is for when you have to go fully wireless.
Having said that his question was about mesh

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
i got a set of 6 from a seller on amazon secondhand as they were really cheap. 3 i bought from supersonic and once i linked it to my account it added them to my lifetime membership.

But i wouldn't go the plume route today, as samsung Smart things smart hub is better as its powered by Plume software , comes with lifetime membership and you can control your smart devices (https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-Functionality-Whole-Home-WV525KWEGUS/dp/B07QSVXK2C)

Vodacom is offering smart home kits, with this hub, i wonder if they would allow you just to buy the hub!
I've pulled the trigger and ordered two Plume devices through Supersonic. They say I can add additional devices if it turns out I need more than 2. Hoping one for downstairs and one for upstairs will suffice for my needs (on 100/100 fibre).

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Update for anyone interested: Supersonic finally delivered me 4 Plume pods. They arrived with no packaging or box or instructions. Amazed they made it in one piece.

Anyway, no Superpod was included, just 4 pods. I've set them up and they seem to be performing significant better than the El cheapo Mercusys mesh devices I had before.

If course, they also look much nicer.

Hopefully, I won't need to order any more at any stage - still seem to be hard to pick up locally..

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Never heard of Tenda?
The term “well known” also implies quality, which Tenda isn’t really at the top of the game of.

And while they are certainly known these days it’s hardly what I would call well known.

I’ll have Tenda over any D-Link **** any day though.