Wifi Router Help

AndreoB

Hi

I recently purchased the Asus N55u wireless router, i'm trying to setup the router, i am able to see it listed under wireless networks however when i connect to the router and open up a web browser to configure it it doesn't open up the setup page, i've tried using the default 192.168.1.1 as well as the alternative router.asus.com, no luck at all. nothing seems to be happening.

Currently my connection is with neotel, i'm using the standard router that they providedme with & is working well, no issues. i would really like to use my Asus router as it will provide better signal strength & overall is a better router. any input will be appreciated, thanks.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Have you tried connecting via cable? Might be that wireless access to the router configuration has been disabled.

Ben B

Excuse the obvious question - what is the LAN address of your Neotel router? If it is also 192.168.1.1 you need to connect the ASUS router to your PC or Laptop with an Ethernet cable and without any other form of connection to your current network. If you do want to end up with two routers on your network, there are specific settings you need to change in both

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Are you sure 192.168.1.1 is the default?

Connect to the Asus Router (preferably with cable and disable your wireless) then do...

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all

The "gateway" for your Ethernet should be the one you type in the Browser.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
^what Sauron said. And also, I have a router at home which, when you reset it to factory defaults, has DHCP disabled. So to save you the hassle, manually set your IP to 192.168.1.2