Will lockdown be over in time for Christmas?

Will lockdown be over for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 244 94.2%

• Total voters

Lupus

Honorary Master
I am referring to CPT yes.

But I’m sure perceivable it wouldn’t look like there is/was much compliance, but then I can easily say the same for the suburbs.
Once again CPT thing, suburbs here seem to comply better, also haven't seen many white suburbs either for about 30 years.

steve1949

With 602 days of lockdown behind us already, and the current extension set to expire mid-December, do you think lockdown be over for Christmas?
As COVID numbers are starting to go up in Gauteng, I think it is doubtful

steve1949

That pic says it all ... so sad that children have to get used to this social distancing way of life

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Do you honestly believe governments were not trying to do their best to stop the pandemic?
That is partially right. Governments simply doing what they think is best.

On one level this is a big test for pandemic readiness and response using a case study with 99.7% recovery rate. The outlook being on bein prepared for something far more serious should nature through it at us. This follows both the various other outbreaks in the past decades as well as the anticipation of something truly catastrophic.

Barack Obama 2014 on preparedness and global readiness and infrastructure/logistics/

Bill Gates 2015 (no, I don't think he was predicting Corona as the video title implies)

Fauci 2017 - "There will be a surprise outbreak during the next [Trump] administration"

So what we have is a certain eagerness for a pandemic and to implement readiness systems

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Then there was also Event 201 so shortly before the pandemic announcement. It was to test pandemic readiness.

The main players were:

The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The model used during the pandemic simulation was SARS (Covid of course being SARS)
The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms.

PoppieChoffel

Honorary Master
It’s an interesting statement, but then I would argue by the very nature of their already hectic living conditions they are made of sterner stuff than the entire populace otherwise.

Again it’s hard to break down those numbers. Talking to my gardener people were dying left right and centre in the townships but that’s hardly a statistic.

You’d also be surprised how disciplined they are about masks. Certainly more so than the suburban white folk.

The townships are the most likely to listen to government.

Around where I work, Pretoria West, masks are hardly seen. Also the least talk about family members dying. But every area is different.

Gravedigger

Expert Member
Old kopdoek loves the lockdown... It's her sense of power over the South Africans, that must suffer under her illogical decisions. (Banning ciggies for one, which created mass hysteria and a stupid large black market of crap ciggies... Did they ban snuff as well? I heard some people were using Taxi snuff as tobacco)... Keep the masks, but lose the damned lockdown.

neoprema

Executive Member
The wave might come, but if deaths and hospitalizations don’t go high like they used to we should just remain as is.
some scientists said in 2020 that we would have government restrictions around the world for possibly a decade to contain this thing. But WHO claimed 2 years roughly And I think their numbers make more sense. Technically we should be coming out of it with our government aiming to cancel the state of disaster from say January and switch to regional handling based on hospitalization or similar. Remaining in a state of disaster past the usefulness of it for saving lives and economy starts touching too much on “control”. Which you can’t have in a democracy.

PaulMurkin

Expert Member
The wave might come, but if deaths and hospitalizations don’t go high like they used to we should just remain as is.
some scientists said in 2020 that we would have government restrictions around the world for possibly a decade to contain this thing. But WHO claimed 2 years roughly And I think their numbers make more sense. Technically we should be coming out of it with our government aiming to cancel the state of disaster from say January and switch to regional handling based on hospitalization or similar. Remaining in a state of disaster past the usefulness of it for saving lives and economy starts touching too much on “control”. Which you can’t have in a democracy.
Sorry to break it to you buddy... this is not a democracy anymore... it ceased being one long ago..

friedpiggy

Expert Member
The anc voluntarily giving up power? I dont think so. At the moment they can do whatever they like under the guise of the DMA and I dont see them giving that up anytime soon. Predict that its going to take a court challenge to get it lifted.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Commies are living the dream, they love this ****, no thinking needed, no personal responsibility, just doing what they're told, gov takes care of everything.
That is the exact opposite of communism.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Do you honestly believe governments were not trying to do their best to stop the pandemic?
Only the delusional think that is what they were doing. If that had been their aim they’d have been transparent, followed the actual science and backed down when they made erroneous decisions. Instead they operated in absolute secrecy, went to extreme lengths the prevent anyone getting access to the records of their meetings and doubled down on erroneous decisions.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Unfortunately they've now tested it, tried it and they (governments) now have a new tool to control the masses. They won't let that one go, not without a fight anyway.
This too is silly nonsense. Governments have always known that fear is a good means of control. They haven’t learned anything new here. It is old hat.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Worst is if you suffer from eczema or psoriasis, the alcohol does a very good job of drying out your hands and making it burn like a mofo
Have you not mastered the "pretend" spray yet? I do it all the time. Pretend to stamp on the pedal, then rub your dry hands together.