Win7 being anal!

carstensdj

Expert Member
Hey there,

Quick question... Not sure if i'm being a tard here, prob am...

When i "\\192.168.1.250" into my server, it asks me to put in the credentials of Username and Password. I do that and it seems to accept, but then it asks me to put in my "Network Password" ??? What is that? Where do i find it? Whats the Windows default?

Basically we will use this Server to run Rosters and Vehicle trackers etc as well as use it to backup alot of data...

What is the best way for me to setup an interface where by users can make a folder on the server over the network and then drop their files into that server? Mapped network drive perhaps?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
"Network password" is normally your email password. Well at least every time Ive seen it pop up.

bubbatentoe

create a user on 192.168.1.250 called "netuser" with password "net123".

when connecting to \\192.168.1.250 & you're prompted for a username type in "192.168.1.250\netuser" and the associated password.

You'll then logon as a user that's defined on the server PC.

WolfByte

I've had this error before, especially when connecting from a different OS and not on a Domain. Easiest way i found was to create another account for people to access, though that didn't always work, especially if backing up over a network. In that case i had to create the same profile and password on both pc's and it let them access one another.

carstensdj

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions! Going to try creating this other user and see if that helps... Just need to get my networks back up after this f-ing power cut in CPT :mad: