Windows 10 can now run on a Raspberry Pi

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Hasnt it been able to for a while now? I know you can do a windows install with PINN. It might not be Windows 10 though.

Anyways, gottohavethemall. So downloading :p

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Title should be

Windows 10 can now crawl on a Raspberry PI

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Title should be

Windows 10 can now crawl on a Raspberry PI
Windows 10 crawls on an i5 with 8gb of ram. Ganna try this out, see what its like, Im not expecting the world.

R4ziel

Expert Member
This is pretty cool, now I have an excuse to buy one and play with it, one can never have too much pie in your life!

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Hasnt it been able to for a while now? I know you can do a windows install with PINN. It might not be Windows 10 though.

Anyways, gottohavethemall. So downloading :p
I think it's Microsoft's Windows 10 IOT version that has been out for quite some time already.

R4ziel

Expert Member
meh, not much of an excuse.

Why, just why.
Because I am interested in technological advances, because I enjoy to play with random things and see what runs on what. I've run every compatible OS on all of my Pi's to test and mess around with. I didn't have a use for the Pi3, but now I have, and I can test to see if windows runs fine on one, if it does, that makes a whole world of difference, and windows on a small portable device has so many advantages in terms of ease of use.

So yeah, that's kinfof why

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I think it's Microsoft's Windows 10 IOT version that has been out for quite some time already.
I think you are right. I dont know enough about the windows 10 versions to know whats in that version.

Im trying out the win 10 pro final edition.

l2019-02-14_11-36.png

R4ziel

Expert Member
Windows IOT was not a full implementation of windows on a pie, it had the kernal to do procedure calls to, but not a full functioning interface that you can do stuff with

Daruk

Honorary Master
I think you read the headline then posted.
“Previously, Windows IoT Core was the only Windows operating system available on Raspberry Pi devices. This new package offers functionality similar to the standard desktop version of Windows 10.”