Windows 11 Support Thread

Ivan Leon

Expert Member

Windows 11: Microsoft update fixes Kaspersky antivirus app glitch - ZDNet​

Microsoft has released a new preview of Windows 11 with a fix for Kaspersky antivirus.

The latest release of Windows 11 is build 22000.348 and it's available to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels.

It brings one notable update: "We fixed a known issue that might prevent apps, such as Kaspersky apps, from opening after you attempt to repair or update the apps using the Microsoft Installer (MSI)," Microsoft notes.

Kaspersky highlights KB5007215 as the problem update for users running its antivirus on Windows 11 machines. Microsoft released Windows 11 on October 5 and released KB5007215 for Windows 11 on 9 November.

The antivirus company itself advised customers to avoid installing Microsoft's Windows updates and notes there are issues affecting its antivirus after installing updates for Windows 7 through to Windows 11.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Been using it since it started moving from the dev branch to a more stable build. No issues and actually really appreciate the design elements and settings overhaul.

Only one gripe is that you can drag anything to the app on the taskbar to open it, plus have no time on my secondary monitor taskbar. Everything else has worked as it should and nothing has been out of place. This is installed on my daily work and gaming PC for reference, I have backups but have never had to push that button.

wobbie

I did an update on Thursday morning, and now have the following issues..
No Taskbar, or Start button. Just an empty white strip, with that little up arrow that indicates startup stuff.

Default desktop picture, with only a few icons.

Windows key + I (to get to Settings) not working. Settings flashes on for a few seconds, then banishes.
My hard drive shows the correct free space, but my music, pics & video folders are empty.

Edge reverting to initial Edge setup on reboot.

So, I rolled back a few days, and Uninstalled the latest update, as well as checking file integrity etc.. Nothing..
I even tried the Windows Media tool.. It flashes, then also dissappears.
I then tried to set up a boot USB, and it downloads, installs onto a USB stick, then tells me that there is a setup error.

Help.. Any ideas?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I had that kind of thing when I did my upgrade from 10 to 11. Did not have issues after a clean install

wobbie

I tried to reinstall the media update from a USB, it finally worked, it did its thing, went through the installation process, then said 'Undoing changes to your PC', rebooted, and now I'm back to no Taskbar etc..

Any ideas? Maybe use the ISO?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
The problem is the update part I would say. No matter what I tried I simply could not update from my Windows 10 install. I think it is because it was many years old and I had multiple tweaks made to the registry. Something in there upset Windows 11.

So I cloned my borked Windows 11 install for backup purposes and did a format/fresh install of 11. No issues at all. Plus I copied back all the things I needed off the backup clone I made.

wobbie

This just happened when I was just doing an update. I had installed windows 11 a couple of months ago, and I had no issues until now.
Maybe I must do a clean install from an ISO on a USB using Rufus, to make the USB boot able?

wobbie

Am I going the right way, by using an ISO and Rufus to do a clean install from a USB?

The Voice

Honorary Master
Struggling to think of a compelling reason to upgrade

Probably stick with 10 until 'forced'
Same here. Being a live beta tester for MS just doesn't sit well with me. 10 does everything I need it to already, and I just don't see a reason for 11 to exist.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I alternate between 11 on my PC and 10 in my work VM. No issues with either really, but I am not going to screw around with the work VM as it is Enterprise edition. So it can update itself when it feels like it.

Next week I will have to go the clean install route for my Ryzen 3 Pro 2200G at the holiday house as it does not make the official requirements cut in terms of the CPU. It does have TMP 2.0 and secure boot enabled. I'll use the USB flash drive I made with the M$ Media Creation tool back when 11 was released.