Windows 8.1 launch date announced

Vegeta

Executive Member
Whaha iPad?
So it just turns the whole OS into an iPad? Weird move for MS I must say...

Last edited:

shogun

Expert Member
Really... that's some sexy looking portrait mode "shown below". :p I knew there might be some UI changes, but that's pretty fundamental. Might irk Apple a little. I sense a lawsuit.

biometrics

Honorary Master
No pics in the article re "and a new portrait mode demonstrated in the gallery below.".

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Gates waited all his life for Jobs to croak so he could do this.

There'd be no MS without Apple.

nfbs

Expert Member
Windows 8.1 is already out and can be previewed for free. Please note that installing the update on your system effectively nukes your install, as you’ll have to reformat your system when the update launches in October 2013, exactly a year after Windows 8 was launched.
Feel sorry for the guys who installed the preview.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
To quote Micorosoft's own figures, Microsoft sold about 20 Millions copies of Windows 7 per month world wide.
They are only selling 14 million copies of Windows 8 currently. In fact they admitted that the sales almost halted pre the release of Windows 8.1.

RVD

No pics in the article re "and a new portrait mode demonstrated in the gallery below.".
+100! If the "writer" is going to "copy & paste" from another article - at least please read it before doing so. Trying to access the article's source brings up a login screen :confused: