Windows 8.1 release date and pricing announced

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Meh, too expensive for this crappy paint by numbers OS. :p

Somebody please buy a copy and give it to me for free. I want the Pro Version. Thanks.

NomNom

Executive Member
Meh, too expensive for this crappy paint by numbers OS. :p

Somebody please buy a copy and give it to me for free. I want the Pro Version. Thanks.
Paid R125 for mine :D ...wouldn't have gotten it otherwise.

Bar0n

Executive Member
Will download mine for free via ACM's Dreamspark.

Bar0n

Executive Member
I would have paid UNISA anyway, all the extra stuff is just gravy.
UNISA probably pays very little. It's a huge investment for MS to have students spend all their early years using Windows, MS Office, and Visual Studio. This way they ensure that graduates have only MS skills, and hence companies have to buy MS software to be productive.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Got it for free, running full version for almost a week.

MSDN sub for the win.

and still using Classic Shell. So yeah I have a faster booting Windows 7 without Aero theme. :D

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
UNISA probably pays very little. It's a huge investment for MS to have students spend all their early years using Windows, MS Office, and Visual Studio. This way they ensure that graduates have only MS skills, and hence companies have to buy MS software to be productive.
The weird thing is with all the free stuff on Dreamspark the Office suite isn't one of them.

lroachl

Wonder how much Ubuntu is going to cost when they release their latest OS version:13.10 update in October... Mo ha ha ha Moo haa haha haha *Cough cough* :p

Hummercellc

Expert Member
I would still like to see the ability of switching off the dumb start screen, and have the old start menu instead.

The start screen is the dumbest idea ever, MAC gives you the option of Touch UI or Desktop UI why can't Microsoft?

F

Fudzy

Wonder how much Ubuntu is going to cost when they release their latest OS version:13.10 update in October... Mo ha ha ha Moo haa haha haha *Cough cough* :p
Nothing, which is almost as much as you can do with it :D