Windows apps get SkyDrive access

Ivanr

Expert Member
Win 7 with Windows Live loaded does this at the moment with the Windows phone this is also possible. The Android boys we can see your tears.

Saajid

Expert Member
Dropbox, anyone? Cross platform, works on all devices, from Linux, to Windows, Apple, Blackberry, Android, WP7, etc, etc.

Why limit yourself to a Microsoft-only platforms?

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Dropbox, anyone? Cross platform, works on all devices, from Linux, to Windows, Apple, Blackberry, Android, WP7, etc, etc.

Why limit yourself to a Microsoft-only platforms?
You didn't real the article or linked blog, post did you?

Microsoft's API is REST-based. You can access it from any platform. It's basically an HTTP interface that you can access all features of Skydrive programatically via a web interface. Users get a free 25gig. I think it's better than Dropbox in many respects.

Edit: okay, the article writer didn't link to the blog post, nor did he report on the contents with any kind of understanding. I see where your confusion came from :) But I did read the blog post yesterday when it came out. It's very cool. Big play from MS to hook developers into their free cloud offerings.

Last edited:

Saajid

Expert Member
Microsoft's API is REST-based. You can access it from any platform. It's basically an HTTP interface that you can access all features of Skydrive programatically via a web interface. Users get a free 25gig. I think it's better than Dropbox in many respects.
Now that's pretty cool. If it is a REST-based web service, the service will be available across all platforms, irrespective. Looking forward to this.