Windows Commander Issue in Windows 10

Odracir

Expert Member
I'm experiencing a windows commander issue that causes File Explorer to open many sessions at once and it keeps on doing this like it is search for something. I've tried AGV virus scan but it detects no viruses. I've tried the malware/spyware software and nothing.
Anyone here had the same experience and find a solutions? Thanks in advance for all advice.

Odracir

Expert Member
Maybe a screenshot to show what you mean may help?
Check out the video because I'm experiencing something similar, although in the video it doesn't show the opening of many File Explorer windows. A screen shout won't display the full effect I'm experiencing besides I temporarily fixed it (not a good solution).

Odracir

Expert Member
Sorry never seen anything similar to that.
Have you tried to wait until it stops and then close them one by one?
Is this similar to what you are experiencing?
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/116116-multiple-instances-windows-explorer.html
I've tried stopping them by closing multiple instance of File Explorer but it doesn't stop. The Commander Prompt is causing the multiple instances of File Explorer. The reason I say this is when I forced stopped the Commander Prompt via the registry, it all stopped (i.e. the multiple instances of File Explorer.

Odracir

Expert Member
Thank you Geoff.D for your assistance and to all the other folks. I'm hoping someone had a similar problem and has found a solution other than what I did.