windows xp + windows vista dual boot question

nocilah

Banned
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
7,623
Reaction score
3
Location
hopefully heaven but probably hell
Hi

I want to run both vista and xp. Just wondering on the order these should be installed.

Windows XP first then Vista?

can you believe i actually have genuine copies of both OS's.

I feel like an M$ fanboy.
 
I would say XP then Vista yes. Logical. Vista installs a nice little boot screen than enbles you to switch between the 2 OS's. Enjoy!
 
Mabey when SP1 comes out we'll feel a little better :)
 
install xp then vista

aggg why just go back to xp as much we dont want to admit vista will become the new xp, so ppl might as well get used to it
 
yup, XP then Vista.

But, if you've already installed Vista, don't worry, just install XP and then just run Vista's startup repair thingywhatevertheycallit from the Vista DVD.
 
That becomes a not so nice little boot screen if ever you want to delete Vista again and just go back to XP :sick:

I know, I see it everytime I boot to my default XP - I do not have Vista installed anymore even! Doesnt bother me that much though.
 
halicon,did you read my tutorial in the vista tweaks section( my personal one, to boot 2 os with 2 separate harddrives)
Try my way,believe me like i said before,There are so many ways but for total control and no errors is always welkom.
 
Last edited:
I know, I see it everytime I boot to my default XP - I do not have Vista installed anymore even! Doesnt bother me that much though.

Here's how to get rid of it (if you want)
1. Insert the Vista DVD while in XP.
2. Run the following: X:\Boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 C: /force (X represents your DVD drive letter)
3. Reboot
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X