Wisp antenna and dhcp

wikusm

Hi folks

I recently switched over to a wisp since telkom adsl in my area was worthless. They installed a mikrotik antenna that provides my ip/dhcp from the antenna itself, now the problem i have with this setup is I no longer have QoS or dhcp control for my network, the antenna basicly runs to a lan port on my asus dsl router, would it be possible to gain control over dhcp and such if i set that lan port to a wan port? I am pretty clueless on how these things work, i would just like to be able to force ips for certain mac addresses and also limit bandwith usage for certain devices as before. Im running a Asus DSL-N14u router if that helps.

Thanks would appreciate any advice.

basil katakuzinos

Hi folks

I recently switched over to a wisp since telkom adsl in my area was worthless. They installed a mikrotik antenna that provides my ip/dhcp from the antenna itself, now the problem i have with this setup is I no longer have QoS or dhcp control for my network, the antenna basicly runs to a lan port on my asus dsl router, would it be possible to gain control over dhcp and such if i set that lan port to a wan port? I am pretty clueless on how these things work, i would just like to be able to force ips for certain mac addresses and also limit bandwith usage for certain devices as before. Im running a Asus DSL-N14u router if that helps.

Thanks would appreciate any advice.
Dedinettly not an ideal solution but...
You could try asking your WISP to reconfigure their hardware to act as (only ) a gateway and then you would be able to connect their hardware directly to the WAN port on your router & use it as a normal internet connection.