Woolworths Credit Card

Has anyone tried adding the WW card to Apple Pay on a new phone (after having it on a previous phone)? Mine keeps failing with try again later or contact issuer. I phoned ABSA and they escalated but it was a week ago and still no resolution.

Yep same. Been trying to add since the 19th of September. Have escalated as well. Talking to Matt Thompson who is head of card for Woolworths, but nothing has changed in a week plus.
 
I have the same problem, can't add the card to Samsung Pay or Google Wallet. Also phoned to have it escalated and no one has come back to me.
 
Same issue here with Google wallet. Also got told they "escalated" the issue but that seems to be a very steep escalator because nothing has been done for 3 weeks now.
 
So asked Woolies to investigate the Apple Pay issue with ABSA, and their response was:

ABSA is currently doing maintenance on their system. Once this has been completed only then will you be able to register your card on Apple Pay. There is currently no definite timeline as to when it will be resolved however, they are doing their best to ensure this is completed as soon as possible.

Sounds like they didn't even bother investigating and gave a generic response, considering this issue is ongoing for weeks.
 
Anyone else having trouble paying their Woolworths account on the app? Seems to be a reworked payment experience. First I got a message from FNB about my card being blocked. Sorted that out, now getting an "Unable to Process Payment" error. The number that they give for support is not available now.

Edit: I got two payments to go through now by adding a new card, even though it did still have my stored cards.
 
Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble paying their Woolworths account on the app? Seems to be a reworked payment experience. First I got a message from FNB about my card being blocked. Sorted that out, now getting an "Unable to Process Payment" error. The number that they give for support is not available now.

Edit: I got two payments to go through now by adding a new card, even though it did still have my stored cards.
Yes, also experiencing issues with payments. Tried paying with a different card but it somehow always defaults to the original card I added.
 
Anyone else having trouble paying their Woolworths account on the app? Seems to be a reworked payment experience. First I got a message from FNB about my card being blocked. Sorted that out, now getting an "Unable to Process Payment" error. The number that they give for support is not available now.

Edit: I got two payments to go through now by adding a new card, even though it did still have my stored cards.
Same.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just re-added the same card.

I don't see a way to remove old payment cards, so now I have a whole list of cards that don't work.
 
Same.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just re-added the same card.

I don't see a way to remove old payment cards, so now I have a whole list of cards that don't work.
I had also readded the same card 😅

Yup, that seems to be a common issue. Both my Woolworths and Clicks accounts have lots of cards that I can't remove :(
 
We might have to emal them to ask for old cards to be removed?

About 2 weeks ago I tried to pay with the 3rd card listed and it kept using the 1st card in my list 🙈
We then had to go in-store to use that 3rd card.
 
We might have to emal them to ask for old cards to be removed?

About 2 weeks ago I tried to pay with the 3rd card listed and it kept using the 1st card in my list 🙈
We then had to go in-store to use that 3rd card.
I emailed them about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for feedback
 
I'm still having issues with it.

Payments only work when I go via the "Add card" flow... and then pay immediately with the newly added card (even if it's the same as the existing card that's saved).

Anyone got a response from them? Or the correct email address for support?
 
I'm still having issues with it.

Payments only work when I go via the "Add card" flow... and then pay immediately with the newly added card (even if it's the same as the existing card that's saved).

Anyone got a response from them? Or the correct email address for support?
Yup, same behaviour for me. I didn't even select the option to store the card this time, since the list is already too long 😩
 
Another coffee voucher not redeemed in time due to changed language or shifting goalposts. Pretty sure it used to say 'use by' X date...
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251127_145408.jpg
    Screenshot_20251127_145408.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 29
Better yet, try use both vouchers at the same time... what a mess!
Actually it was quite seamless this week. I thought I had to activate one, redeem. Then activate the other , redeem.

Nope . She told me I can activate both and then on her side she managed it well. You just have to then present the wrewards card twice. Which is simple enough

When it first started , activating both beforehand ended up in me losing one free coffee

Lost a few coffee vouchers as I have not been around to use them in the past months
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X