Wootware warranty Issue

lowku

Hi guys.

I've never had any problems with Wootware, however I recently tried to return my MOBO and they refused to refund me. They tried passing the buck and blaming other parties namely Pinnacle and even MSI themselves. I do not know but I think my cause is just. Please feel free to join the discussion and help me to get the post some traction on Facebook.

We need to inform our fellow PC Masterrace users about this. Be wary especially with Black Friday coming up. I would not want someone to go through the same hassle I did. sigh

Follow the discussion on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/lowku.leeuw...275864547636:0

I can post photos here as evidence if needed. I also have a very detailed chat log between me and their service desk.

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Hi guys.

I've never had any problems with Wootware, however I recently tried to return my MOBO and they refused to refund me. They tried passing the buck and blaming other parties namely Pinnacle and even MSI themselves. I do not know but I think my cause is just. Please feel free to join the discussion and help me to get the post some traction on Facebook.

We need to inform our fellow PC Masterrace users about this. Be wary especially with Black Friday coming up. I would not want someone to go through the same hassle I did. sigh

Follow the discussion on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/lowku.leeuw...275864547636:0

I can post photos here as evidence if needed. I also have a very detailed chat log between me and their service desk.

Your claim is broken.

airborne

Honorary Master
Post what happened here, I'm not going to facekak to read it.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Post what happened here, I'm not going to facekak to read it.

:crylaugh:

I get the feeling the OP, 1 post wonder, is just trollin'. Me personally, I have dealt with Wootware a lot. Only had to send back once, though.No issues, got my money back same day.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
*rolls eyes* Ermagerd, another 1-post warrior. Listen, sweetcakes, nobody gives a sh*t about your bad warranty experience. For every one person like you who has a massive expose about Wootware, we can share dozens of real users around here who absolutely love the company (myself included). Now go back in your hole.

ponder

Honorary Master
This oke got put down hard on carbonite, what he fails to mention is the mobo has bent CPU pins... And that Wootware didn't void his warranty the suppliers did...

They did not even void the warranty for that reason but for a burned power regulator.

Venomous

Honorary Master
This oke got put down hard on carbonite, what he fails to mention is the mobo has bent CPU pins... And that Wootware didn't void his warranty the suppliers did...

http://carbonite.co.za/showthread.php?181294-MSI-warranty-Issues-MUST-READ-Before-BLACK-FRIDAY!!
Hold on to your neon pink borat costume!

So the OP has a board. It works for a number of days/weeks/months. By which time he sends it in claiming it is faulty? If it was me I would have informed him that due to the physical board damage the warranty is void, he will have to replace the board at his expense. I would not have even bothered with the expense and wasted time to send the board in.

He says he sent it in with a CPU fitted. Well duh! The seller did right by checking all parts of the board and lifting that to inspect.

I do not buy from wootware as I am able to procure stock from most of the big suppliers, but I do see this poster crying wolf over damage they (themself/OP) caused to the board. Good on MSI for finding the other damage. It was probably caused by the OP. Do not blame wootware for your stuff up. Please ask your mom for big boy pants

#deviouslowku
#stoptheslander

Last edited:

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Damn Foxhound, haven't seen you on this forum in ages! I was starting to think the drive-thru police had gotten a hold of you :D

It's been so long that you've changed your nick and profile pic, which makes it impossible to "remember" you in return :p